LaptopVideo2Go Forums

aspire 5920 8600m gt no screen HELP!

Morris

hello to all, please help me, i am dying to trying to fix my 8600m gt downclocking issue, but none of the solutions seem to work, so I decided maybe if I change the bios id to a 8700m gt one would fix the problem. after changing the bios id in nibitor, flashing using the command

nvflash -4 -5 -6 -A -y 8700.rom

went through flashing, laptop shuts off completly!

when I try to turn it back on, no screen at all!!!!

what happens if i turn it on is all the lights lights up, an I hear 2 beeps and thats it, does not even load windows.

ANYONE know how to blind flash on the 5920? I tried how i usually would do like pressing F12 and go to my USB DOS key and then use the commands, did not work!

Please help me!!! I love my laptop so much, I need to find a way to fix it.

if the card is completly dead, how can i know if buying a new MXM card can fix the problem? :)

anyone would like to volunteer to flash the video card back to original bios for me? I have the original bios in hand?

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

purchased a 8600m gt 512MB online with acer bios reinstalled, waiting for it to arrive, will keep you guys updated when i get it

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MarkusG
purchased a 8600m gt 512MB online with acer bios reinstalled, waiting for it to arrive, will keep you guys updated when i get it

Hi there,

have you been successful?

i did a bootable usb stick, extracted nvflash 5.72 and Acer.8600MGT.512.070423.bin there.

Now, my problem is that nvflash says it needs a *.rom instead of a *bin file. If i rename it to *rom, like read in another forum, it's "unable to open file".......

Any ideas?

Don't know if this is important, but nvflash identifies my 8600m gt as 9500m gt.

Thx, Markus

Guest MarkusG
Hi there,

have you been successful?

i did a bootable usb stick, extracted nvflash 5.72 and Acer.8600MGT.512.070423.bin there.

Now, my problem is that nvflash says it needs a *.rom instead of a *bin file. If i rename it to *rom, like read in another forum, it's "unable to open file".......

Any ideas?

Don't know if this is important, but nvflash identifies my 8600m gt as 9500m gt.

Thx, Markus

Ok,

stupid mistake, i admit. Forgot about the file-lenght-restriction in DOS-Mode: nvflash ACER86~1.ROM -4 -5 -6

Everthings fine now!

Greetz,

Markus

• 2 months later...

I´m having the almost the same problem as you had.

At the moment im using the last bios from acer 5920g, but I have no screen at all, can you tell me what was the step by step that worked for you?

When i flash my card i get 2 beeps after i hit "enter key"

<nvflash -4 -5 -6 gt1.rom

or

nvflash gt1.rom -4 -5 -6

but nothing....

what was your motherboard bios and waht was the bios you used in your 8600mgt?

only 2 beeps.

can you help me?

Edited by a.senna