LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Weird Overclocking !

Naveen

Hi guys i am having a weird overclocking problem

i have got a weird setting here...

i tried to raise the OC value to 600/740...

before that i download FurMark ( a nice little 1.5Mb tool to render a image .. with nice FPS rating...

when i tried to set the shader clock value beyond 1000-1100Mhz the core clock speed goes to 100 MHz ( this is while running FurMark + RivaTuner Hardware Monitor )

the setting dont get changed while i tried to change in the Rivatuner system setting...

why does the core value reverts back to 100 Mhz when i try to Oc shader clock more than 1000 Mhz ??/

here is the screenshot ...

2a92nlv.jpg

i have marked the value at various setting...

but if i/we can resolve the core clock speed not to get reverted back to 100Mhz .. i think i can gain still more performance...

why bro ??

today only installed DOX`s latest driver...

can u tell me wht the real problem is ???

i dont understand

I think it is because your video card is reaching the temperature threashold, they different from each machine, but when it reaches that point, it downclocks the video card for safety reasons. nvidia intergrated this in their newer drivers after the 16x.xx series.

Yes this is true, but I believe this downclocking mechanism was incorporated into previous drivers as well (since the 100.xx series). Checking your (gpu) temperatures is a vital thing to do when overclocking. It can also give you needed insight into your problem.

is there a way to prevent this downclocking ... like anything with powermizer ???

cozz i dont want to go to a old driver ...and how to know which is the safe limit they have setup..

coz my GFX card runs around 83c after oc and stays there... and comes down qucikly to 50-60 after i finish my games

please suggestions needed..

I don't get downclocking for the following drivers: 178.13,178.15 and 176.44 - whql which i'm currently using. I recommend you try using one of those. I get downclocking if i use any other 170xxx series drivers.

I also do recommend you try the 178.13 as they may resolve this problem. Tell us if the problem persists.

can u give me link for ur drivers ?? and wht is ur overclock value??

• 3 weeks later...

guys is my problem really is regrading downclocking ??

please tell me how to prevent it ??

i dont want to use older drivers .. as i am afraid that performance may get a hit or any other problem .... please correct me if i am wriong ...

guys please i need ur help ...

i cant play farcry2 with this downclocking .. please help me ...

i am forced to use DX9 version of farcry 2 instead of DX10.