LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT SLI overclock results

ahreeeman

Finally I OC my GPU,Here are the specs,results and a pic for proof.

Tell me if u like the results !

System specs :

CPU: Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5Ghz

GPU: 8600M GT SLI with total 512MB DDR3

RAM: 3GB 667mhz

HDD: 250+250Gb @ 5400RPM

and the system came with the vista 32 home premium preinstalled. now enough about the specs.

Results :

I'm using 180.70 driver and i oc using RivaTuner 2.20

Stock(Gpu clock/mem/shader) : 475/702/950

Oc : 525/850/1050

3dmark 06 : 8119 and the system was very stable!

post-32938-1227567677_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahreeeman

holy shi shi shi shiat!!, that looks damn awesome for dual 8600m gt, single one scores arounf 4000 roughly, which means you have double the frames produced there in 3dmark, that is crazy man, great work!. one question, you sure you don't have the downclocking issues with that clock speed?

holy shi shi shi shiat!!, that looks damn awesome for dual 8600m gt, single one scores arounf 4000 roughly, which means you have double the frames produced there in 3dmark, that is crazy man, great work!. one question, you sure you don't have the downclocking issues with that clock speed?

very nice!

lol ive oc'd my 8600M GT GDDR3 to 660/1030/1320 without downclocking. ive even gone higher (<look in specs to the left) but it wasnt 100% stable in all games...

although for memory clock, i could never go above 1030, good job on the 1050! everytime id even go 10 over that, id get crashes after 30 mins of gaming...

but id say boost your core clock up a bit... see what you get when you go up to 660 if its stable on your system!

Edited by coolcop06

Thanx Morris,nooo when i use any 3d app the clocks go high and remain there,no matter how long do i play.and when i quit the game or 3d app,it do downclocks itself then.and it seems to be right.

And dear coolcop the memory was oc.ed to 850,the shader clock is 1050. and i think it would be stable if I go higher. I will do that and report the results swiftly :)

Very nice. But I think you can probably push the core clock up another 100MHz, Give it a go and see what happens.

Thanx Morris,nooo when i use any 3d app the clocks go high and remain there,no matter how long do i play.and when i quit the game or 3d app,it do downclocks itself then.and it seems to be right.

And dear coolcop the memory was oc.ed to 850,the shader clock is 1050. and i think it would be stable if I go higher. I will do that and report the results swiftly :)

wow my bad, totally misread that... haha

well try my clocks (660/1030/1320), theyre stable in Warcraft 3 FT, Counter Strike Source, Battlefield 2, Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3! haha sorry for the long list, but ive been overclocking this gpu for a while and finally found the max stable clocks in all games...

ohh and max temp was 84c, but its usually 76-81c.

I've overclocked my X205-SLi6 with dual 8600m gt ddr3 675/1350/960 - 10900 3dmark06 - pretty much stable in crysis and farcry2 :)

That thappened using last ver of RivaTuner :) ... I'm currently an unimaginably happy fellow :P And Finally i am having 20-24 fps in crysis at Enthusiast settings and 1280x800 no AA :P

Other specs are: 3GB RAM, RAID 0 (200GB), T9300 @ 2,5 GHz (not overclocked yet)

If any1 is interested i have saved the excel files for my tests :rofl: Cheers

aand the drivers i am using are dox's custom 180.44 and 180.70 ... I am still in process of testing which one gets better temperatures .. for now i think it is 180.44 tho the performance is a bit better with the 180.70 :thumbsup:

Njoy folk :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

has someon overclocked the t9300 in x205?

• 1 year later...