LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fix missing textures on GTA IV

Dox

Some users are reporting missing textures in GTA IV.

Heres a fix for Nvidia users:

You dont need to uninstall your current drivers.

Download Rivatuner 2.20 and the option to resest graphic driver settings to default.

If you are not sure how to do this read the Rivatuner documentation.

Restart the system when prompted.

Now load the game and textures should be back to normal!!

I recommend you use drivers 180.70 or 180.48.

I tested this on my own drivers and this workaround works :)

Do not change 3D settings within Rivatuner after this point

Only change them within the nvidia control panel or by way of regedit.

Hope this works for you.

dibujosb5.jpg

thanks zed for the pic!

I posted about this on Weds\Thurs. :-)

Also see how to get the command line options to work if you are having problems, in my second post:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....art=#entry98136

Download Rivatuner 2.20 and the option to resest graphic driver settings to default.

Hope this works for you.

How driver can be reseted? I did not find this option.

Guest Zerreth

NEW DRIVER 180.84 IS OUT

[quote name=mnickerson (VALVe)'

Please see this link:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html

This should correct some of the video issues for this game.

Both Steam and Rockstar are continuing to update troubleshooting information for this title. Please see our guide for the most up-to-date information: Grand Theft Auto IV Support Page

source:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=763606

mate u still have missing texture because u have only 128mb of vram

Minimum

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

* Memory: 1.5GB

* Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB

* Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

* DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card

* Keyboard

* Mouse

Edited by amirulrudy12

Hope this works for you.

how can i do that i have read the rivatuner documentation but i can't find how to do that please answer me

First of all resetting the vdrv settings cant be called a real fix and never the less why it works for some ppl might be because their settings simply arent compatible with the game, not because theyre experiencing real driver issues.

Also it seems like someone here cant see the screendumps of rivatuner where it shows how to reset the gfx drv to default settings:

"On the 'Main'-tab under 'Driver Settings' click where it says 'Customize', then select the 5th option/icon (to the far right) in the menu and thats it."

In addition u dont need rivatuner to reset your drivers settings, its easily done from within the nForce driver from nVidia (how odd it might seem nVidia actually thought of putting such a feature in their driver software). LOL

Finally it says in the readme for theg ame that this issue shd be related to GF79 series, however im using 2xGF88 and have a bad situation of missing textures, also i believe the driver for the 7- series are the same as for the 8-series, so no wonder it doesnt work.

I did try the rivatuner reset thing, not that i believed it would make any difference apart from making sure my settings werent incompatible with the game, but u cant tell if a probable solution doesnt work until u try it, but yet it didnt work ofcourse.

So i downloaded the 180.84 drv from nZone that is said to fix the issue temporarily and that didnt work either and no its not due to sli config as i have disabled sli also.

Besides the problem with the textures not working i get a crash with fatal error when i try to set the resolution in game, but i dont see a lot of ppl on the net reporting that, but they report all other sorts of errors though.

Its disappointing how poorly this game works, as far as i can see tons of ppl cant get it to work at all or at least its messed up in several ways..... *sighs*

Sizzler

its for sure not a 100% fix just a quick startup/goaround until they release the real patch and fix/driver, im using 2x 7900GT and have still some issues after gettings this masterpiece :-) of work to run with this new beta driver. I got around 30 FPS but cant see the text in the menu screen and my radar dissapears after a while...cheers

Sizzler

its for sure not a 100% fix just a quick startup/goaround until they release the real patch and fix/driver, im using 2x 7900GT and have still some issues after gettings this masterpiece :-) of work to run with this new beta driver. I got around 30 FPS but cant see the text in the menu screen and my radar dissapears after a while...cheers

dox' trick worked.

Gaggin for the modded inf to make its way here, i'm hearing good things from the people who've managed to install the original version.

used GPU-Z to find device ID and have modded the inf with that line further up, will restart and give the game another go

EDIT2: New driver works like a charm, vast improvement.

Edited by Corrosive

dox' trick worked.

Gaggin for the modded inf to make its way here, i'm hearing good things from the people who've managed to install the original version.

used GPU-Z to find device ID and have modded the inf with that line further up, will restart and give the game another go

EDIT2: New driver works like a charm, vast improvement.

can't wait for dox to release his version

I have one problem..... I Have put means game I play minutes 5 and start brakes(FPS 3-5) of seconds on 30 and so every time, both the weakest and on the strongest Config. (from MP throws out)... .

P.S. Game does not produce to me more than 20-23 FPS :)

My Config

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

4GB RAM

Nvidia Driver 180.84 .(i change Inf File)

Vista sp1 32&64bit

Sory for my bad english.

Edited by LaMe

If I do this what will happen? Ill loose overclock and what more?

Guest Joey Marbles

Does anyone know when/or Nvida/R* will release new drivers for the Geforce Go 7900 GTX???

Seems like the new drivers are not supported for my laptop card. I'm hoping they are eventually, but for now it seems I can't play this game due to missing textures.

Any help would be great, thanks.

As far as most drivers go your 7 series card is no longer supported by the manufacturer's inf and therefore, lv2go's inf is what you need for these drivers to work. Try the modded inf and see .you can find it in the driver page.

Hi there.

The new drivers released as a leaked version of the nvidia beta seem to fix a common missing texture problem on 7 series graphic cards. Just search for 180.84_geforce_winvista_32bit_english_beta. Worked for me!

J.

This fix works for me but I am very unhappy that Rockstar have released a game that is extremely buggy and requires 3rd party software just to run.

I won't be buying another Rockstar game ever game.

Edited by The-Monk

I was able to overclock with Riva Tuner.

I have an 8400M GS with only 128 mb of vram, but I started GTA IV with -availablevidmem=149 (not sure why I had to use 149, it tricks GTA to use system ram, but if set it to 256, it reports 7 mb, and if I set it to 128, it reports 2500 mb, so it seems random).

Anyway, without that line I get almost no textures, but after adding that, I get full textures even when overclocking in Riva Tuner. Not sure if this works for everyone, but it makes the game playable even with my weak video card. I do have 4GB of system ram though.