LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem overclocking 8600m GT

xantheuz

I'm relatively new to the overclocking scene, and i encountered this weird problem when i tried to OC with both RivaTuner and ATI tools. I can adjust my clocks no problem, but when i apply them, they just revert back to the default clocks. OC'ed profiles when applied also load the default clocks. Currently i'm using Dox's customised 180.70 drivers on my 8600m GT. Laptop is an Asus C90S. Really appreciate any help :)

Some drivers aren't Overclock'able, but DOX's should be.

Have you tried EVGA Precision? It works for me with all the drivers I've had.....

You could try nTune or EVGAP mentioned above, otherwise you need to search for another driver that will allow you to overclock.

EVGA Precision doesnt work, can adjust the clocks, but when i click apply, it reverts back to the original clocks. Using a 256mb 8600m GT GDDR3 if that helps

Guest Dorian Gray

We're working on this problem in another thread as well. I would suggest trying 169.04 to see if that gets it moving for you. Perhaps there is a way to make this work if we do something to the file nvlddmkm.sys that appears to be what allows overclocking on systems like our that are not "allowed" to overclok.

Best

I had the same things to with my Macbook Pro (8600m GT 512mb + 179.14 from ASUS).

It just moved back.

I havent try the Dox's one, have u?

• 4 months later...

Having the same problem here as well. I have a MBP w/ 512mb 8600M GT. I have tried Dox's 180.84 drivers with still no luck in either rivatuner or ntune the clocks just reset every time. If anyone knows the solution that would be awesome for all of us! Thanks!