LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with 56.55 driver

Hi, I installed it on my I8600 with nvidia 5650, I tried the advice and the suspend works fine but after the suspend, whenever I try to play any movie in medi player, it just shows a blank screen with sound. I need to restart to solve the problem, did anyone encounter the same problem? After I switched back to older driver, everything works fine again. I wonder if it is the problem of 56.55 driver?

56.55 works fine with Windows Media Player and with PowerDVD for me. Do you have PowerDVD or WinDVD (or other DVD player) you can try?

Did you run media player after your laptop wake up from stand by? I have the problem only after the laptop wake up from standby. Media player works fine when the laptop is restart. Hope to get answer from u soon thanks!

Good catch, Feng! I've just tried it again and can confirm the behavior you're describing. It looks like Stand-by mode somehow kills DirectX Video Acceleration. Both Windows Media Player and PowerDVD fail to display a picture after waking up from Stand-by mode.

Now, if we only had someone to report this to...

By the way, have you tried this with earlier drivers? Did it work okay with them?

Okay... Thanks, Feng. So far I'm not very impressed with the 56.xx series.

Using Media Player Classic v6.4.7.8, driver v52.16/11.64, standby and hibernate:

NO ISSUES, playing the movie continues as soon as standby ends or hibernation modus is back to normal. Seems to be really a 56.xx issue :)

This issue should be resolved in 56.56.