LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I8200 + Quadro4 700 GoGL - problem with standby

Guest Korpowski

Guest Korpowski

Hello

I have the following problem:

I have a I8200 (A11 Bios) and since some days a Quadro4 700. At the moment I use the 56.56 driver. My problem is, that my notebook don't resume from stand-by, but everything else seems to work. With the last original driver from dell (45.28) I don't have any problems, but it don't include the powermizer funktion! I tried already to activate it by reg-keys, but nothing happen.

Can anyone help me?

Thank's

Robert

PS. Power on/off when opening/closing the lid works fine...

Guest Korpowski

Thank's but it don't work for me.

My screen is black and the keyboard don't reakt (caps lock test).

Sometimes I have also the problem, that I can't change the bright of my LCD...

Hi guys,

i get the same stand-by problem mentioned before. I'm on a Precision M50 with Win2K and the reg fix working for XP doesn't do anything under Win2K (i hoped i could switch from 42.57 to 5x.xx family... but i yet can't!!!)

Any idea from there guys?

doesn't do anything under Win2K
the lidclosesetpower fix is only for XP with SP1 (will be inlcuded in SP2).

read here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=215 for more information and then try adding the "MapOStoD3" setting to your inf, but when i remember right, Pieter already has added this setting to his INFs...

____

EDIT:

also, read this:

Your USB keyboard or USB mouse does not work when you resume your Windows XP-based computer from standby

SYMPTOMS

When you resume your Microsoft Windows XP-based computer from standby, your universal serial bus (USB) keyboard or your USB mouse may not work if you resume operations by using any one of the special function keys on the keyboard (such as Volume Control). When you view Device Manager, the icon that represents your USB keyboard or your USB mouse may have a yellow-highlighted exclamation point in the lower-right corner. In this scenario, you must restart your computer to regain USB keyboard or USB mouse functionality.

MS offers a patch for that, but it's not available for public. You have to contact them.

also, read this (could be off-topic), but who knows:

One possible reason for this problem could be that selective-suspend functionality is enabled on a device that doesn't support it.

If you have two or more USB devices from the same vendor, and they have the same product identification number, and one of the devices does NOT support selective-suspend, you will encounter this problem.

To resolve this issue, disable power management on the USB hub:

1. Right-click My Computer and press Properties.

2. Select the Hardware tab.

3. Press Device Manager.

4. Double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch to expand it.

5. Right-click USB Root Hub and press Properties.

6. Select the Power tab.

7. Clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box.

8. Press OK.

9. Close Device Manager.

NOTE: This may reduce battery life on a laptop.

also read this:
You can't get your Windows 2000 computer to resume from Standby?

Windows 2000 does NOT support BIOS initiated APM time-outs. If Control Panel / Power Options has Advanced Power Management enabled, and your BIOS is configured to suspend your computer with a time-out that is less than you configured in Power Options, you won't be abled to resume, since it was a BIOS initiated Standby.

Alter either the Power Options, BIOS, or both, so the the Power Options is a shorter interval.

Edited by dontknow

Guest Korpowski

First off all: thank's to everyone who wanted to help me.

But I have to say, that nothing worked. I had also problems with low-level-overclocking (rivastation). So I decided to hack my vga-bios. now it runs by default at 200/460MHz - I thing it's a good value. The positive thing is now, that I can change the clock by powermizer! So my board runs only at "maximum performance" at 200/460 and else by the old defaults (down to 100/200 or so).

I user X-Bios. but attention: the memory-clock-settings don't work there for the Quadro4 700 GoGL!!! I founded the offset and values by my selve...

best regards

Robert

Guest Korpowski

Hello...

Good news: I thing I could solve my biggest problem.

By installing an ohter intel "chipset-driver", am able to restore my notebook from standby, but without any backlight... so I'm still searching...

Robert

By installing another intel "chipset-driver",

<_< oh, come on. That is one of the things we thought we haven't to tell everyone in every post. :)

Guest Korpowski

Well... I hate it....

It again don't work! After resume: black screen, some hd-activity, but none reaction on keyboard-entries (no capslock and so on)...

Any ideas?

Thank's

Robert

• 1 year later...

Hey Korpowski,

Take a look at this thread.

I private messaged you as well :)