LaptopVideo2Go Forums

new TOSHiBA driver v56.82

®®®

:)

DriverVer    = 02/12/2004, 5.6.8.2
Supports     = GeForce FX Go5700 (DEV_0348)
Laptop Model = SUBSYS_FF001179

uploaded here

Edited by dontknow

Hi,

Just noticed that Guru 3d has posted ForceWare 56.82 - they are assuming it is based on a Toshiba laptop driver:

"Wowzers, a lot of ForceWare activity eh ? The Dutch based Techconnect posted a Forceware 56.82 Win2k/XP driver which originated from well known manufacturer Toshiba. They already modified the drivers to support all nVidia videocards from TNT upto GeForce FX.

I guess this was intended for laptop's originally; should work fine on any NVIDIA graphics card.

Details:

Forceware driver 56.82

Windows 2000/XP

Multilanguage version

All nVidia cards "

I hope that this one might solve the prob's with the Toshiba black bar issue. I tried moding it myself to at least include detection of my GeForce4 440Go and to include 1400x1050 res, but I get an error that the driver doesn't support WinXP when I try to install it :P

I look forward to seeing a moded inf from you Pieter (please) :)

Also, to answer the question in my last topic re. 56.64 - yes the 20.17 inf I tried was not specific to that driver, I just thought I'd try it anyway :)

____

EDIT: merged topic

plus corrected driver version in red (2 instead of 4)

Edited by dontknow

Indeed yes, it's a mobile driver intended for the FX Go5700. I imagine Pieter will have an INF for the rest of us soon.

i really was amazed when i saw this driver version in the morning over at toshiba.

I have hope that this will work with most mobile cards in opposite to the 56.64. Don"t understand the hype for 56.64 ... ??? For mobile needs 56.82 will hopefully better than 56.64. Still waiting for the "official" 56.54 , but i'm tempted to think the 56.82 is a good replacement for 56.54.

It's a bit slower in both 3DMark01 and 3DMark03 than 56.64, but my (purely subjective) impression is that image quality seems a bit better. Since it's a true mobile driver, I'm curious to see how Toshiba owners fare with the black border issue, and how Dell owners do with their lid-closure problems.

On that last problem, the fix that Dontknow found a couple of weeks ago, which now appears in Pieter's latest inf versions, has completely solved the lid problem on my Dell Inspiron 5150.

Guest Velocity 7

Son of a *****.

Pieter, get this modded A.S.A.P. Perhaps the black bar problem will be solved once and for all.

____

EDIT

why posting old news in support section??

Edited by dontknow

Guest JFranks0987

according to the nv4_disp.inf file in these drivers they are stamped this

WRONG:

; NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display INF file

; Copyright © NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

[Version]Signature = "$Windows NT$"

Provider = %NVIDIA%

ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Class = Display

CatalogFile = NV4_DISP.CAT

DriverVer = 03/03/2004, 5.6.6.4

____

EDIT: where did you got that false info????? why havent' you downloaded the driver for yourself and had a look at the inf????

so i guess they are the same

or are they.!?!?!?!?!

what is going on here

i proabably dont even know if what im posting is the correct way to date stamp a driver

but that seems werid to me

Edited by dontknow

DriverVer = 02/12/2004, 5.6.8.2 plus all files v56.82.

nothing more to add :)

Well I was hoping to have the night of from all this.

But alas, I heard the call of needy laptop users.

INF has been modded.

Check website for links.

Pieter.