Kamika007z

Taken from Neowin.net's forums:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry584660130

Check this thread out. It points to these new drivers:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.81/6...kxp_english.exe

John

:: UPDATES

• 16-DEC-2004: added 66.84 and v66.87
  • 20-OCT-2004: 66.81 is now WHQL'd for FX 6xx0 GPUs, driver on our server is updated with this release
  • 10-OCT-2004: added OPEN ISSUES and ISSUES RESOLVED information from the official release notes
  • 04-OCT-2004: found release notes on nZone.com
  • 02-OCT-2004 later: added the MultiLanguage release to the "English only" release & re-uploaded the new archive (now has 2 subfolders: E=English only / ML=MultiLanguage)

:: DETAILS

• v66.81
  • desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • filedate 30-SEP-2004, released 02-OCT-2004
  • English only / MultiLanguage, Setup included
  • both have WHQL certification for FX 6xx0 GPUs
  • released by nVIDIA, see HERE for the official page
  • GeForce 2 GO user reports a "green screen at startup"
    • Release Highlights (copy&pasted from nZone):
    • Adds support for GeForce 6600 series GPUs (products supported)
    • Added support for using HDTV over DVI connectors
    • Added support for advanced DVI timing on all GeForce 6 series GPUs
    • Updated Application Profiles allows users to associate color settings and store multiple profiles per application :) :) to Pieter
    • Added support to recognize and display monitor name in all control panels
    • Supports 512 MB frame buffer GPUs
    • Added supported for TV/HDTV setup in the nView Display Setup Wizard
    • Updated Gridlines to for easier grid setup and management
    • Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support

• v66.84
  • filedate 11-NOV-2004, released 16-DEC-2004
  • MultiLanguage: DE, ES, FR, IT, JA, KO, PTB, ZHC, ZHT only
  • Setup included
  • with WHQL certification and released by DELL for GF 6800

• v66.87
  • filedate 11-NOV-2004, released 16-DEC-2004
  • MultiLanguage: DE, ES, FR, IT, JA, KO, PTB, ZHC, ZHT only
  • Setup included
  • with WHQL certification and released by DELL for GF 6800 GTO

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 66.81 of the Release 65 driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions. (copy&pasted from the official release notes)

• GeForce 6800: 3D Mark 2003 demo mode crashes back to the desktop at 1600x1200x32 with control panel antialiasing enabled. Use application controlled antialiasing. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6800: 3D Mark 2003 Nature scene hangs the system at 1600x1200x32 with 4x antialiasing enabled. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6800: Code Creatures Benchmark shows screen corruption at 1600x1200x32 with 8xAntialiasing. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6800: Flickering and black textures in Desert Rat vs Afrika Corps. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6600: Artifacts appear in the intro videos in Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness at 1600x1200 and during game play with 4x antialiasing enabled. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6600: Minor flickering in Return of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory when antialiasing is enabled at high resolutions. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce4 Ti/GeForce 6800: Command and Conquer: Generals has corruption when both antialiasing is enabled in the NVIDIA control panel and in-game image quality is set to "High". A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6600/6800: When playing DivX files using a DivX player and occluding toward the left of desktop, the video flickers. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6800: Aspect ratio is incorrect when movie transitions from 4:3 to 16:9 playback using PowerDVD. Application issue as this does not occur with InterVideo WinDVD6.
  • GeForce FX and GeForce 6800/6600: Artifacts on digital display when using HDTV over DVI and running Direct3D applications at 1024x768x32. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6800: Corruption on the Media Center Edition user interface in full-screen mode when using HDTV over DVI. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6600/6800: ?Treat DVI as HDTV? does not stay enabled in Clone mode. To fix this issues switch the DVI to be the primary monitor in Clone mode, or switch to Dualview mode with DVI as the primary or secondary monitor.
  • GeForce 6600: In Clone Mode with Video Mirror enabled, the full screen video is cropped on the left and right edges. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce FX 5700: Moving playback of high-definition WMV9 content to secondary display in Windows Media Center causes computer to stop functioning. This problem does not exist in Windows Media Player.
  • GeForce 6600: No advanced HDTV resolutions options are available after selecting underscan mode. A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • If you perform a clean driver installation (no previous NVIDIA drivers installed), you must reboot your computer. If you do not reboot, the predefined application profiles will not be activated and you may experience application stability problems.
  • GeForce2, GeForce4 MX, Windows XP: City of Heroes crashes to the desktop intermittently. This is not an NVIDIA bug.
  • GeForce FX 5200/5700/5750 Ultra, Windows XP: Shadow effects in Splinter Cell do not display properly. This is not an NVIDIA bug.
  • Windows XP/2000: Clone mode may be set for the GeForce FX 5600 although only one display is connected. This setting causes a drop in the performance of 3D applications. The workaround is to use the NVIDIA control panel to reset the system to standard mode from clone mode.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Homeworld2 antialiased performance is slow. This is not an NVIDIA bug, but is a known issue with the application. A game
    patch 1.1 is available at ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/homeworld...te_en_10_11.exe .
  • Windows ME: CodeCult benchmark does not run properly. This is not an NVIDIA bug.
  • GeForce FX, Windows ME: Gunmetal Demo intro movie does not display properly. This is not an NVIDIA bug.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 66.81 (copy&pasted from the official release notes)

• Windows XP, Quadro FX 3400: CATIA - Extra lines displayed on Structural Anlaysis.
  • Windows XP, Quadro FX 3000, IBM T221 panel, DG5: Desktop appears elongated when HRSD is selected.
  • Windows XP, Quadro FX 4000: Main grid is corrupted when starting Lightwave 8.0/7.5.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, GeForce 6800: Corruption with vehicles and clouds in Sim City 4.
  • Windows XP, GeForce PCX 5750: Command and Conquer Generals back screen is white (or green).
  • GeForce 6800, Windows XP: Corruption in the Far Cry loading screen before the map loads at 1600x1200x32 or greater resolutions with antialiasing enabled.
  • Quadro FX 4000, Windows XP, Lightwave 8.0/7.5: Main grid is corrupted on startup.
  • GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: Deus Ex 2 door button shader disappears.
  • GeForce 6800, Windows XP: Corruption after screen shot attempted with antialiasing enabled in Far Cry.
  • GeForce 6800: Cannot set refresh rate of 48 Hz for 3840x2400.
  • Quadro FX 1100, Windows XP, Autodesk Inventor 8: Mipmapping is broken.
  • Windows XP, Quadro 400 NVS: Non-admin accounts can enable multiview, but an error message appears after rebooting the system.
  • Modo application crashes with GeForce Products.
  • Windows XP, GeForce 6800: Microsoft Rallisport Challenge performace drops with antialiasing and lens flares enabled.
  • Windows XP, Quadro NVS 200/280: Roaming profiles cannot be read or written.
  • Windows XP, GeForce4 Ti: Kohan 2 has missing geometry.
  • Windows XP: Manual downclocking does not work but locks to the defaults.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, GeForce 6800: Corruption with vehicles and clouds in Sim City 4.

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

After flopping badly with the 66.7x drivers (at least on my machine), nVidia soars with their newest official driver, version 66.81, producing the best 3DMark03 score we've seen since the 53.xx series. Image quality and stability are excellent.

This driver is worth checking out by all mobile users, especially those of you who prefer to stick with official drivers.

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

filesize 14.238.891 bytes | includes MultiLanguage and the English only release :P

filesize 10.664.413 bytes |

filesize 9.908.054 bytes |

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.81 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.84 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.87 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.81 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.84 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.87 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile (No Tweaks) INF modified for v66.81 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

Teraphy's Toshiba "BlackBar PHP Fixer" | choose from all drivers and get your customized Anti-BlackBar-INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page | enhance your INF by choosing from a variety of settings (incl. Toshiba Blackbar fix) for all Laptops

nVLiTE page | choose the language to keep and rip out the rest; delete SETUP and other unneeded files to make the driver as small as possible

:: INTENDED CARDS FROM ORIGINAL INF

v66.81: see attached INF

v66.84 and 66.87: see attched INFs HERE

Original_v66.81_INF.zip ( 6.71k ) Number of downloads: 63

I'll replace English only driver with multilanguage as soon as I can get hold of it.

nVidia site has come to a crawl.

Larry is going to be a busy boy, benching all these.

//Update: corrected the type. cPanelX rules :;

Pieter there is a typo in the latest 30.32 INF.

[[NVIDIA.MfG]

People just have to remove the double bracket for succesful installing

:)

Cheers Dontknow,

I noticed this driver juat as I was about to goto bed.

Not even the slightest chance of testing first (Day light saving starts as well, 1 hour less sleep)

Made INF in a hurry (haste makes waste)

Why is it, that we in Germany have the wintertime change at 31st of october while you guys NOW have the change (30 days earlier)??

I edited the INF with help of cPanelX, and also was updating the frontpage with the entry of 66.81 (but without description). cPanelX rules :) It really helps when things have to be updated and you're absent due to NZ-sleeping time.

The multilanguage drivers is up too if you guys didn't know.....

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.81/6...ternational.exe

I want to try these out reall soon.

Edit: I think daylight savings starts or ends next month here.

Bill

Daylight saving (sleep ruining) is the 1st Sunday of Oct over here, it got changed from the 3rd Sunday in Oct a few years ago.

Yeah I noticed that wee help with 66.81 :) .

Came in quite handy saved me quite a bit of time.

So you line cPanelx do you.

You only have to wait 4 weeks for your time change. (but you get 1 hour extra sleep)

The multilanguage drivers is up too if you guys didn't know.....

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.81/6...ternational.exe

I want to try these out reall soon.

Again the INF from the International release is somewhat different besides Localisation entries. They moved the Aligart entry and cut out NV18(GL)_Modes in the registry clean-up section. So nothing important.

here is the iNF from the MultiLanguage realesase

The repacked archive is uploaded! (includes both the English only and MultiLanguage driver) . Just 14 MB :)

Original_v66.81_MultiLanguage_INF.zip ( 7.15k ) Number of downloads: 42

We must have both uploaded the the file at the same time, as I changed the files round to Multilanguage then discvored you had already done it.

Good idea to have both, can Guru3D do this ?, me thinks not :)

Fixed INFs to be international/Multilanguage as well.

The INFs will work wether you install English only or Multilanguage versions of the driver.

Enjoy,

Good idea to have both,
I know, both drivers (English only and MultiLanguage) in one package gives people the opportunity to choose from.

Though it is not the first time we offer that :) !

Since the very beginning of multiple driver releases (say MultiLanguage, English only, special OEM releases, OMEGA's, StarStorm's) we have them all included in ONE single driver package with multiple subfolders after extraction. Best example is v56.72, which has 5(!) subfolders when extracted, all filled with the complete same driver version, but customized by OMEGA and the 3 StarStorm variations plus the normal unmodified official English only release. Nevertheless the filesize is relative small: only 11MB . Extracted this package is over 100MB if i remember right.

I think v66.81, if nvidia wants them really official, has to get WHQL and will be updated again..

Hey all,

Recently I had to replace my Sharp UltraSharp LCD for my Dell i8200 because my other one got scratched really really badly... so I replaced it with another one. The LCD revision A03 never gave me this issue, but the one I got was an A00 revision. So whenever I'd install the same driver that I had installed with the previous (A03) screen, I would now get some messed up flickering desktop. As if the whole screen is split into two and it's just going crazy with different sizes on the top and bottom with constant flickering. I checked the CurrentControlSet>ENUM>Display registry keys and it seems as if the drivers that are problematic are installing my monitor as a NVD000 instead of the usual "SHP138E". I know that everytime I had the NVDxxx reg key I would get these odd occurences. The last driver that would work well is the 65.73 Fujitsu ones. The rest are giving me problems such as this. Any info would be great.

Thanks Everyone,

John

*PS - Even the new 66.81's are still giving me this problem.

How did you scratch your screen?, did it fall out of the car while the adaptor was still plugged in, and it got dragged for 2 miles before realising ? :P

are you trying to clean it with a chisel ? :)

Did you use whiteout to correct mistakes, then used a solvent to clean it ? :(

Or the wirebrush to get the grubby finger prints off. :(

:)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.. thanks for that wonderful help! Now I can install those drivers!!

Seriously, anyone got any clues?

Thanks,

John

tentonine (Dell Forums) is also having problems with his SXGA+ screen (1400x1050).

Would the Toshiba BB fix work here as well with the working EDID SHPxxx copied into NVD000 ?

There seems to be a problem with 8x00's and the 66.xx drivers.

This should be a little more helpful.

You still havn't told us how you manged to scratch your screen.

It was accidental, I had pliars too close to the computer and I was use them to bend a metallic piece back and my arm flug and scratched the LCD. I know it stinks :)

**Are there other reports of the i8x00's having 66.xx problems such as mine described?

Thanks,

John

Guest Jason Garlon

Well kamika007z, I had a similar problem. However, I was under waranty with Dell Corporation and I was able to tell them I had whitewashed areas, and they actually replaced the monitor without even checking it out. It didn't have whitewashed areas. Well, see if you can get yours replaced. There is nothing I despise more then stinky scratches!

I just tried the black bar fixer PHP site that Teraphy has created and no go. I do get a black, unused bar going vertically from the right hand side of my screen and the rest is messed up graphics.

Thanks,

John

I do get a GREEN SCREEN at startup though. Any solution for this?

I get the same thing, it only happens with certain drivers.

I learned to put up with it as it's only there for a split second.

Sorry John for not getting in contact with you earlier. Could you send me your EDIDs and your video BIOS? I'd be interested to compare and contrast the issue. Otherwise message me again on AIM and if I'm around we'll diagnose it.

That reg only contains the SHP138E. Any NVD #'s?

I don't have a collection of BIOSes can you rip yours out and send it as well?

Thanks.

In order to get the NVD's, I will have to install the faulty driver again and then save that reg key. I usually delete them before installing any new drivers. I will get one if necessary. Also, how could I go about ripping the BIOS? This bios can be also found on the Dell driver site.

Thanks,

John