LaptopVideo2Go Forums

heat problem (i suppose)

Guest marco

hi all...

I'm Having some problems with warhammer 40000 "Dawn of War"

sometimes while i'm playing those game,the framerate drops to 15/20 fps(sometimes also 10) and the fan of the video card increases the speed making more noise and the heat produced by the card is also higher than normal

when the speed of the fan (and the temperature of the card ) return normal the game become normal too.

the control panel of the driver says (when i have this problem) that the video card temperature is about 60°C.

the card isn't overclocked and actually i'm running the driver 61.77 with modded inf (no perfomance).

i have a similar problem with need for speed underground 2 too.

marco, pls. also check the temperature of the CPU. It could also be the fan of the CPU who is amking that noise and is responsible for the heat. If so you would then have a heat problem, which could be solved by cleaning the Fan and buying a laptop cooler

mhmm...

i don't think that the cause of the heat is the processor also because using some program that use a lot of CPU i don't have this kind of problem.

also the cpu protection only shut off the pc if the sensor mounted inside the processor measures an high temperature.

it doesn't underclock the video card or the cpu.

i also cleaned the fan but i can't solve my problem.

p.s.: what is a laptop cooler ? i never heard about it :)