LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SERIOUS problems with go5200 - no screen

Guest Suchy

Hello

A few days ago I left notebook for nogh downloading. I used the GRABIT software ( for downloading newsgroup binaries ). I clicked the "auto shutdown when finished ", the creensaver was set to " blank" and whn it turned on the LCD was still ligthened, so I waited to "turn off minitor" to swith on. When it did ( and it was dark enough in my room ) I went to sleep. When I woke up and turned on notebook screen didn't appeared. Afer trying a while I found that on "monitor out" screen is fine, just LCD gives blank screen ( it is lit but shows nothing ).

I tried from various drivers, changing system Bios and reinstalling windows. Today I've opened notebook - nothing worrying inside of it ( perhaps something with the LCD matrix ?? - didn't dare to touch it though ).

I haven't tried the video bios change, could it help ? I cant find any to change and also I have difficulites dumping the bios. Please instruct me how to do it.

So thats my problem. Support sucks, they dont answear, I have no warranty.

I called one of the service points in my city, and I heard " perhaps video card needs a HARD RESET ", of course he didn't tell me how to do it, and everybody wants lots of mony for sevice. :/

PLEASE HELP ME

Regards

Tom

Maybe MapOSD3toNV setting needs to be set from 3 to 2 in Pieter's INF or the LidSetClosure setting needs to be removed (Larry, in SP2 it needs to removed or added? i forgot)

It still needs to be added.

In the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section create or modify the following line

HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV, %REG_DWORD%, 2

In the [nv_ControlPanelSettings] section, make sure you have this line:

HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\LidCloseSetPower"

The problem may also be with these lines:

HKR,, LidBehavior, %REG_DWORD%, 0x11

HKR,, MonitorPowerPolicy, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, OverrideMonitorPower, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, SoftEDIDs, %REG_DWORD%, 1

One question, does this happen with all drivers, even the original ones? If so, there may be a hardware problem. If not, let us take a look at the inf that does work and maybe we can figure it out.

It happens with all drivers and blank screen is permanent - I mean LCD doesnt show anything ( no BIOS post no nothing - not just the windows ). Thats, why I'm thinking about BIOS reloading ...

Or I have understood You guys wrong - may theese "things" You wrote me resolve this problem, or theese could help if there wold be o screen in windows only ?

If you aren't even getting a bios post screen, it's either a BIOS problem or a hardware problem. If you can see the output on an external monitor, re-flash the BIOS and see if it helps. If the results are the same, it's definitely a hardware problem.

It sounds like the backlight is working, but the display signal isn't reaching the LCD. It could be a loose connector.

I think I can say its not the connector ( I've opened notebook - should I open the LCD case as well ? ) . I think I should try re-flashing the BIOS, could You tell where to find one ( I think I've looked everywhere and all I could find is non working on my hardware Dell's release ) ?

Regards

Tom

Unfortunately, I have no idea. Doesn't the manufacturer have a website with BIOS downloads? If not, you may have to contact them and have them send you one on a disk (or maybe they'll e-mail you a copy).