LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell SXGA Fix

Guest peridoc

Guest peridoc

I was having an issue where on any drivers above 6xxx that I installed on my Dell Inspiron 8200 would think that my lcd screen was capable of 1600x1200 instead of the 1400x1050 SXGA that it really was. The result was the full desktop in Windows not being displayed as the bottom and right portions extended out of the physical viewable areas of the lcd.

After a little digging, tentonine from the Dell Support Forums told me that it had to with adding custom EDID settings to tell the computer about the capabilities of the display. The fix was simple (I did it on the 71.84 drivers) and it was to add the following line to the nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings section of the INF file.

HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, 3A,C4,00,00,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,36,12,30,2A,78,20,51,1A,10,40,30,70,13,00,31

E4,10,00,00,18

After I added this line, the install worked flawlessly. Hopefully others will be able to use this to install drivers properly.

Thanks Peridoc and Tentonine for this fix, from INF v30.67 it has been added to the Mobile section.

It will need to have the ';' removed from infront of the setting for it to be enabled (editing the INF)

But any INF up to 30.66 will need the above line added to make the fix work.

Great work guys. :)

One :) won't be enough, :) I forgot

I don't look around the forums, I just roam here aimlessly :P

Ups, now me too realizing that this fix is the same we have in the FAQ. I thought the problem Screen from 'peridoc' is a new one/other resolution than the one Tentoine provided :) .

For completeness reasons i post the link to the original thread: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6639