LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Signature Capture Application

sn0wl

SynSketch

This application allows you to draw or write using the Synaptics TouchPad. You can easily use it to capture signatures from your touchpad. Good utility if you are using cPax and missing signature capture tool from original cPad application. :)

Download SynSketch2 (160k)

Note: I tried this version and calligraphic(preferences) drawing style didn't work. If you experince the same problem, an old version of the application is here: Download SynSketch1 (800k)

Sadly, this does not seem to work with my alps touchpad, although I don't have the latest drivers for it installed, or maybe not any drivers for it installed for that matter. (using MX 700)

I will do some testing with the latest drivers for mine.

Edit: This story has a happy ending, my new drivers have a feature similar to this, and they work just fine side-by-side with my logitech MX 700 mouseware drivers! :)

post-6-11125809200_thumb.jpg

Edit: This story has a happy ending, my new drivers have a feature similar to this, and they work just fine side-by-side with my logitech MX 700 mouseware drivers!

Glad to hear that!

Only difference would be SynSketch has 2 other modes for calligraphic drawing (as seen in screenshot) and pressure-based drawing (as not seen in screenshot). :)

I know, not like i use it anyway, I am happy drawing stuff and scanning it in, (which I don't do cause I don't like to draw, and have very, very bad handwriting) and I like using my MX 700 mouse more than any other mouse or touchpad I have ever used.

I could probably own all my friends that use touchpads in FPS games at a laptop LAN.

Back on topic, they might release some drivers in the future that have more support for this feature.

• 5 months later...

How do you sketch with your ALPS touchpad? Do you have to use a 3rd party program to enable it? or did you mean the latest drivers for the ALPS touchpad has that feature built in?

I have a DELL latitude D610 and would like to use the touchpad to capture signatures into a doc to fax out.

Thx

I was using the thing that came with my new drivers, which were released by Dell this year.

Check out the drivers for the Inspiron 8200, or the Latitude C840, or the Precision M50 (should all have the same one), and give them a try, then look in the section for the touchpad stuff for it, like make the double tap in the top left corner activate the built-in capture ap or something.

The 3 laptops mentioned are the same, just different BIOSes (and the M50 has the Quadro) I flashed mine to the latest latitude, and it recognized it as a M50.

You already have a latitude BIOS (more functionality) so there is no reason to worry about that, anyway please post back if you get the capture ap to work, before I get more off topic. :)

• 3 years later...
Guest agraham

does anyone acctually have this skynsketch 2 software to hand? i know the link died a long time ago but ive had no luck in locating the software anywhere else, including from synaptics.

thanks in advance.