LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v76.71 64bit drivers for Go 5700 64mb

Guest Marc

Guest Marc

Hi, I was trying to find some drivers which were compatible with windows x64 and came across this site. I downloaded the new 76.71 drivers and replaced the inf with the modified mobile inf file and when I try to install them using the have disk method I get this:

Select Device: The specified location does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the location contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems

:)

I have Geforce FX Go 5700 64MB (Acer 1522WLMi) running on XP Proffesional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 1

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance

Seems there#s a glitch in the INF. We'll have to wait until someone finds and reports the culprit. No 64bit Hard- and software on our side, so currently we cannot test the INFs.

Guest kaillou38

hi everybody

i have exactly the same laptop

and i've try the both drivers, and it didn't work

i download the drivers, then replace the .inf, then click on install, and it say that it didn't found driver for my hardware

:)

do i forgot something?

Guest kaillou38

i've try something else

i've found all the old 64 bit drivers (52.14, 53.04, 57.30, 61.76, 66.96, 71.84, 71.84WHQL, and 76.71) and try to install them.

the only which refused are 71.84, 71.84WHQL and 76.71

the others success the installation, but after reboot the card isn't recognize in the Device Manager :)

Display adapter : standart VGA graphic adapter...

Guest kaillou38

i don't understant

i've found the NGO 64bit drivers, which could support mobile cards (thanks to you)...

i've try two versions, and ever the same probleme : no drivers for current hardware :)

Like i said before, there#s something wrong in the INF. This is not a huge problem though. It seems that certain sections are differently handled with 64bit dirvers/INF in comparisons to standard 2K/XP.

Guest rauol

try forcing the install by selecting your device from the list. that is what i did for my geforce4 440 go and it works like a charm - better than the ngo drivers.

Guest neonator

Hi i have same problem with drivers. I have Acer Aspire 1524 WLMI with FX go 5700 64Mb and XP Professional 2003 with Servis pack 1. I try many drivers from this page but lost labour. When i finally foun driver whitch don't display "The specified location does not contain....", i don't have choice any drivers to install (table vas clear). I don't know whitch driver is right to me. Help me someone who know please. I'm despairing. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Accio

Hi guys...

My english isn0t so well but.... Let's go on...

I've a problem like you:

I 've an Acer Aspire 1513Lmi with GeforceFX 5700Go and WinXP service pack2, whhen i paly with a 3D game after above 15-20 minutes the screen show a blue error page of windows and my PC is rebooted?!?!?

How can I do????!!! :) :P :)

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

To all who posted in here and have problems getting the driver installed:

Can all of you run the [NERD] tool and attach the Logfile, so we can figure what's going on. It seems that there#s a second Go5700 with a different DEV_ID...

thank guys and sorry for the delay :)

• 3 weeks later...

Can you? We need more details about the Go 5700 DEV_ID 0347 :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fordprefect

Hey I have an Aspire 1522WLMi with Microsoft windows XP Home edition SP2 and an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5700,64MB I have not updated or changed anything to do with the driver I got with it which is 6.14.10.6212 I try and play CS:S and it tells me to update my driver, my friends told me to just continue anyway and it worked fine and never asked me again, up until now. Now I am asked again to update my driver and it isn't running well. There are so many drivers that people with the same graphics card are using but I don't know which one is the latest one that is compatible. I tried the one from the NVIDIA site but it said that it could not find any compatible hardware. Any help please?

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

LaptopVideo2Go_ErrorLogFile.txt

Try 77.76 with Pieter's mod INF, it is on the main site, you can't miss it.

Just replace the INF in the driver with the mod INF and install it using the device manager.

Instructions are here.

If you get a "this driver is not whql certified.......blah blah blah" page just hit continue anyway.