LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v75.03 Vista 32bit BETA1 | NV

®®®

:: DETAILS

v75.03 Vista | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for Vista
  • Thanks to autolycos for informing us :)
  • repacked from 7,8MB to 5MB :)
  • NVIDIA has made available the following alpha drivers for Windows Vista Beta 1. The current ForceWare alpha driver is a preview release that will enable you to test the basic features and capabilities of the new operating system. This alpha driver has no performance optimizations included and has received limited stability testing.
    Release Highlights:
    • These drivers are tested for use only with Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1
    • The NVIDIA graphics control panel is not included in this driver release

Driver Installation Hints:

• This driver has been tested to work with the Windows Vista Beta 1 released by Microsoft on July 27, 2005. If you are using a different build of the operating system, this driver may not work.

[*]released 2005-07-29 by NVIDIA

[*]Product Support List Windows Vista 32-bit

GeForce FX 5100
    GeForce FX 5200
    GeForce FX 5200SE
    GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
    GeForce FX 5500
    GeForce FX 5600 
    GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
    GeForce FX 5600SE
    GeForce FX 5600XT
    GeForce FX 5700
    GeForce FX 5700VE 
    GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
    GeForce FX 5700LE
    GeForce FX 5800
    GeForce FX 5800 Ultra
    GeForce FX 5900
    GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
    GeForce FX 5900XT 
    GeForce FX 5900ZT
    GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
    GeForce PCX 5300
    GeForce PCX 5750
    GeForce PCX 5900
    GeForce 6600 GT
    GeForce 6600 LE
    GeForce 6600
    GeForce 6800
    GeForce 6800 GT
    GeForce 6800 LE
    GeForce 6800 Ultra
    GeForce 7800 GTX
    Quadro FX 540
    Quadro FX 1000
    Quadro FX 1100
    Quadro FX 1300
    Quadro FX 1400
    Quadro FX 3000
    Quadro FX 3000G
    Quadro FX 3400
    Quadro FX 4000 SDI
    Quadro FX 4400
    Quadro NVS 280 PCI

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 75.0x of the Release 75 drivers has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 75.0x

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

for GF Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)

for GF Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

Driver v75.03

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v75.03

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

John's DELL 8200/M50 optimized INF

Jeroen's MEDiON 41300 optimized INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page

nVLiTE page

// INF file link case changed.

Edited by ®®®

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LSudlow

• autolycos

• Craig Corp

• ®®®

There appears to be a problem with this driver on the Go-series.

I'm on a FX Go 5200 and with the tweaked INF the screen becomes out of sync and distorted.

Wether it is the drivers or the INF I dont know.

EDIT:

Just talked to LSudlow and he has fixed the INF.

Guest Manne

Hello!

I just tried to install the driver with the modified inf and im also having problem. My screen is also out of sync and distorted. (Im on a Dell inspiron 8600 with a fx5200go 64mb) Did you re-link the correct inf ?

Br.

Fredrik

At both of you: the link is corrected since 2 hours or so.

Guest Manne

Thanx alot!

Im still getting these sync problems though. If anyone else with a Dell Inspiron 8600 and a fx5200go card get them working. Please post the sollution here.

Br.

Fredrik

Well, Larry's INF was updated just a few minutes after the first release and with the new INF I get absolutely no results. Screen goes completely black after booting sequence.

With Pieter's INF the screen is distorted.

So just waiting for Larry to get back from his holiday so he can send me the "old" INF. :)

I'm still here for another day (busy packing). I've just uploaded a newer version over in the Inspiron 5150/5160 thread. Let me know if it solves the "black screen at bootup" problem.

Note that you can't (or at least I can't) change resolutions or use Fast User Switching without getting that same black screen. This looks like either a driver bug or a Vista bug.

This driver is extremely "alpha" in its present state, but at least it works.

Guest Guest

hi thank you for the new link. Btw im still getting screen out of sync and distorted. I have Latitude D800 Gfx5650go 128mb.

LSudlow, you driver will only work on Inspiron 5150/5150? are there anyway to make it work for D800 also?

thank you

Here's one you're welcome to try. The only difference between Pieter's and mine are that he includes all devices and no device-specific tweaks, while mine is tailored spedifically for the Inspiron 5150 and 5160. I suspect one of the tweaks, or possibly the mode settings, are what's creating headaches and/or solutions for people.

If you want to try it, this inf includes all of Pieter's devices with all of my tweaks, some of which may not (and probably don't) work with all machines.

Let us know your results -- we want to get a good mobile Vista LDDM inf up here for everyone. Please remember both Vista and the driver are in extremely early stages. The driver, especially, appears to be very fragile, but we'll do what we can here.

nv_LH.inf

Guest Guest

hi

i still get the same problem as before. If i install the normal driver it just work fine but the bad think is no LDDM.

What happen after i install fron nv_LH.inf is that when i logged in to Vista the screen get white and distorted, i cant see anything then just a white burry screen.

Well we have one black screen and one white screen... Looks like we have the whole range covered! :)

We'll keep working on it but it may take a newer driver from nvidia.

And you're right about the other drivers... they aren't LDDM. You can tell by whether you have the transparent "glass" effect on the windows or not.

hehe yeah :)

I have even try to disable LDDM but still when i start Vista same problem.

Right now im using the "Install Supplemental Drivers" that come with vista and no lddm.

yep the "glass" is very cool i have try it on my workstation(ati 9700pro) love it :) hope we can get LDDM working on the laptop also

thank you

Is their a video or picture of this "glass" effect?

I would love to see it.

Could use camtasia.

The new fixed INf works great for me. No problems at all. Have'nt tested to change resolution or switch users yet, but I'll get round to it soon.

Great work!

Ill add a link to screens.

Vista Screenshots

After installing the driver from Vista(DVD) my video work fine but no LDDM, after that i try to install nvidia LDDM driver with LSudlow inf, my screen when just black, but it seem that vista is working.

maybe a process? from white to back hehe

btw my native res is: 1920x1200

autolycos can you please tell us how you install it? step by step please :)

have you try change resolution yet?

After the original installation of Vista and the "supplemental drivers" from MS, do the following:

1. Unpack the drivers (75.03)

2. Download the latest INF from the Inspiron 5150/5160-thread

3. Place the downloaded INF in the same folder as the setupfiles you just extracted (replacing the original nv_LH.inf)

4. Run the setup-file

5. While the setup installs the drivers, Vista will sense the new drivers and replace the old ones. Thus changing the "name" of the displaydevice to "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 (LDDM)

I'm running my comp. at 1400x1050 32-bit, and using the TweakVista-utility to make sure I have all the effects for Aero Glass turned on.

Hope this helps.

I've updated my INF to hopefully get rid of those errors, now it should resemble more my old INF.

Only the Software tweaks are added (HKR) not he HW (HKLM) ones yet as I'm not sure wether they'l work.

Hi,

I got my LDDM working now. The only problem is that i cant get it work on my laptop screen :S its just black . But it seems to work if i use a extended screen from the vga port.

any ide how to make this work on my laptop screen?

I tried running this driver on my Dell XPS2 with the 6800 ultra. I got blue screens and instant reboots. I ended up using the 75.03 drivers with the modified inf from here and all seems well. What are the differences between LV2G and the ones directly from nVidia or was this just a longhorn issue?

Guest Costavaldes

Hi all. I downloaded modified inf for 75.03, after i install it, in screen properties at advanced at adapter tab i got <unknown>? Is it inf works with Geforce 440Go? Laptop Toshiba 5105-S501.

thnx 2 all.

ps. Sorry for my english :)

Everyone, it looks like we'll need a newer driver from nvidia to solve some of these problems. 75.03 is extremely "alpha" and, from what I understand, was created without much guidance from Microsoft, which means it's lucky to run at all. Hopefully nvidia will release a more stable beta driver soon, and we'll have a mobile inf up as soon as that happens.

In the meantime, here are some responses to your specific questions:

Guest: No... we don't have a 64 bit version yet.

Tyko and Guarana: You aren't alone... many users are seeing these same problems. If you haven't tried the updated inf, give it a try now. It might help. If not, all you can do is drop back to one of the non-LDDM drivers that came with the Vista beta, and hope for a better driver from nvidia soon.

JD: nvidia doesn't include laptop support with thier drivers because laptop manufacturers want to customize drivers to fit the features of their individual models. Because they're typically very slow at this, and frequently very conservative about which features they enable, we add the laptop information to each driver version so you don't have to wait. That's what we've done with the Vista driver.

Costavaldes, it sounds like the device descriptor is missing from the inf for your video card. If the driver works, don't worry about it... it's purely cosmetic. If it doesn't load at all, let us know and we'll check that descriptor. And your english is fine!

:)