LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce go7800 GTX here very soon ?

mobilenvidia

While sneaking around the 78.1xs drivers I noticed support for the go7800 GTX.

Something to look forward to.

There is also room for another Geforce go (no name) and a Quadro go (also not named)

My Xmas stocking needs filling :)

• 1 month later...

NVIDIA G70 Go Presentation

Says Go 6800 got 7697 in 3dmark03

The Go 7800 GTX will get 14704

My last run with Go 6800 Ultra got 10941

Says 6800 got 3425 in 3dmark05

The 7800 GTX will get 6642

My last run with 6800 Ultra got 5165

Cheers for that, not a bad performance increase from the go6800 Ultra about 30-40%

The 7800 Ultra or GTS or what ever will come after, will probably do even better.

ATI's Mobility X1800 better do well or it will miss the boat as it did with the go6800 Ultra and left behind X800.

Interesting times ahead, I still think Clevo will already have samples to put into the 9880, and be out before Xmas.

go7800_intro.jpg

go7800_intro_2.jpg

go7800_laptops.jpg

go7800_laptops_2.jpg

go7800_performance.jpg

go7800_features.jpg

go7800_7.jpg

go7800_8.jpg

go7800_9.jpg

go7800_10.jpg

Very cool!

Now if only they could develop a simple chip that is upgradable! Liek a cpu, yank the old one out, drop a new one in.. :)

They have, it's called MxM.

It's upgradable graphics for laptops.

The go7800GTX should drop into a Clevo D900T Chassis based laptop (Sager 9880 etc) and replace the go6800 Ultra.

This will be the first true upgrade with no new HW required, all you need is a very expensive laptop to start with :)

Anyone heard on whether Go7800 will be available for Dell Inspiron 9300 and XPS-2 owners? My 9300 would very much like a Go7800 :) .

Not sure what Dell will do with this.

They waited till the go6800 Ultra to put into the XPS-2.

They may do a i9300 with the go7800 GTX and maybe later bring out a XPS-3 with a go7800 GTS or Ultra

I'd say Clevo will be testing their versions already :)

• 2 weeks later...
They have, it's called MxM.

It's upgradable graphics for laptops.

The go7800GTX should drop into a Clevo D900T Chassis based laptop (Sager 9880 etc) and replace the go6800 Ultra.

This will be the first true upgrade with no new HW required, all you need is a very expensive laptop to start with :)

Who will be the producer? There wil be a retail version? :)

There won't be a retail version of this.

Clevo will have them for their machines, Dell for theirs.

They are not like Desktop video cards where you can go to a shop and pick one up.

You may be able to buy them on line through some companies that may have obtained some.

Guest marcoland
There won't be a retail version of this.

Clevo will have them for their machines, Dell for theirs.

They are not like Desktop video cards where you can go to a shop and pick one up.

You may be able to buy them on line through some companies that may have obtained some.

Thanks for reply! :)

Ciao! :)

Hey guys, just got off the line with an alienware representative regarding the 7800 GTX KO's. He said that for alienware customers with an area 51 7700m, the 7800s will be available for purchase via their site, as well as upgrades. I don't know how much the cost will be, but I can guess over 500 easily, as he said there will be no trade for customers under the warranty or recent buyers. T_T (p.s. anyone wanna buy a go 6800 ultra? =P I need to sell it so I can get a 7800 gtx =P)

Here is some info from Notebookforums about the upgrade to the go7800 GTX if you own a D900T based laptop.

Best to sit down first before reading this.

Sager NP9860/NP9880 and nVIDIA® GeForce? Go 7800 GTX

The Sager NP9890 will be capably of using the new nVIDIA® GeForce? Go 7800 GTX. However, due to specification changes outside of Sager Control, Sager?s NP9860/NP9880 will require a motherboard upgrade from Revision v5.x to an v6.1+ revision motherboard to use the nVIDIA® GeForce? Go 7800 GTX. This version number can be found on the bottom memory socket.

For those users wishing to purchase the nVIDIA® GeForce? Go 7800 GTX, Sager will perform the necessary motherboard swap out and install the card. Shipping and handling charges to and from Sager will be the responsibility of the customer. Sager will not be responsible for any case scratches or paint chipping that may occur during the modification.

Please Contact the Sager Technical Support department for detailed information.

The cost of nVIDIA® GeForce? Go 7800 GTX upgrade/swapout kit package includes, the 7800 GTX Card, a new 220Watt AC Adapter, and new revision v:6.1+ motherboard.

The cost of the upgrade/swapout kit will be $995.00, and will be available beginning November 15, 2005.

For Sager brand Clevo D900T customers the swapout process will take 5 business days. Non-Sager branded Clevo D900T units will require 10 to 15 business days.

Sager Branded Clevo D900T customers will receive a $100.00 discount on the upgrade kit, and an additional $50.00 rebate will be given if customer elects to allow Sager to keep the replaced motherboard.

For Sager Branded Clevo D900T customers, the 7800 GTX GPU and motherboard will receive a new 1 year warranty; the rest of the unit warranty remains as is.

Non Sager branded Clevo D900T units will have 60 day warranty for all replaced parts. Sager is not responsible for the terms and conditions of any other warranties on Non Sager Branded units, and you should review those terms to determine whether Sager service on such units will void other warranties.

Luke McBride

PCTorque.com

Sager 9880 - Pentium 4 3.6GHZ(660) - The NVIDIA go 7800 GTX - 2GB DDR2 533Mhz - 2x80gb 5400 RPM Sata drives - TV Tuner - 8X +- DVD burner with 2.4X +R DL

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, just got off the line with an alienware representative regarding the 7800 GTX KO's. He said that for alienware customers with an area 51 7700m, the 7800s will be available for purchase via their site, as well as upgrades. I don't know how much the cost will be, but I can guess over 500 easily, as he said there will be no trade for customers under the warranty or recent buyers. T_T (p.s. anyone wanna buy a go 6800 ultra? =P I need to sell it so I can get a 7800 gtx =P)

So we'll(you and I) be able to just swap out the 6800 for the 7800, right? I do not have an ultra, I just have the 6800. Replacing the card looks pretty basic. Heres some images incase your wondering how to do it:

7700_bottom.jpg

screw_removal_sequence.JPG

video_heatsink_bottom_view.JPG

img001.JPG

img002.JPG