Driver Released by: nVidia

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: True

International Files : True

Comments

81.94 Mobile Download

Documents

The following are changes made and issues resolved since driver version 81.87:
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: "Widescreen" great shot playback mode is corrupt in Tiger Woods 2006 with AFR2 mode enabled.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Running OpenGL Games after Direct3D hangs the system.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce 2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)
  • GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current)

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

Edited by ®®®

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• mattman

• Dentje

• Bill

EDIT: Removed link, download from post above. :)

Guest Computer Potato

The files are on the Nvidia site now. The ftp site has 6 versions.

1. 32bit international

2. 32bit English

3. 32bit mobile international

4. 32bit mobile English

5. 64bit international

6. 64bit English

81.94 Mobile

These worked for my Geforce Go 6800 :)

Should work on all Geforce Go 6x and 7x Chips

-=Seppi2k=-

Edited by Seppi2k

Wow :) finally the GO series is supported by NVIDIA; download the latest driver for GO series (7800GO) and you will see on the .inf of 81.94 (14 nov. '05) that also the other GO chip are listed now!!

Andy

I'm away all day today, and tonight, try using 81.89 INF with this.

It should work, just version will be different.

Just bad timing, I'll get onto this ASAP when I'm back :)

Guest YetAnotherGuest

Strange, indeed the other Go cards seem to be supported now as well but they still insist on their website that they are not? See here for yourself: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_mobile_81.94.html

Anyway, however, the Amilo M3438G/M4438G problem still seems to be intact. :)

But if they now support the Go 6800, we can now complain about the performance, right?

But then on their site they say they don't.... :) :P (go figure)

Seppi2k Thanks a bunch for the Mobile drivers link!

I have the same laptop as you except I only have 512MB o RAM

am looking to upgrade to 1GB soon though

I will test these drivers out - on NFS Most Wanted demo

the game is unplayable so far w/ 82.10 even on lowest settings - no sky + scrwed up reflections/shadows

but on my Geforce 6800 Ultra the game runs sooo fine ;0

INFs are up.

Also the mobile link above is for go6600, 6800, 6800 Ultra and 7800 GTX, the 6800 GS.

If you don't have one of those then a modded INF will be needed.

If you want everyything enabled then you will also need a modded INF.

Enjoy

Right, the new NVIDIA official drivers support the 6600,6800, 6800 Ultra, 7800 GO series card, and is a little improve of performance, now I get 115xx point on 3dMark '03 instead 11429.

I'll sugest to install them,...they are official and latest version,...is time to use the power of our GF Go card, before thinking about an upgrade! :)

Andy

Idea Progress Monster (Clevo D900T based): 3.00Ghz , 1GB ram, GF 6800Go Ultra, 81.94 downloaded from NVIDIA web site.

Ok, thought it time to register since I've been using the drivers for the last month or so (since I got my new toy).

82.10 gives good speed but poor graphics (BF2 for me, looks like watching a scratchy old film).

81.89 have been the best recent drivers for me so far (currently running xtreme-g performance drivers, modded to get rid of their ruddy tags :) ).

Will try these out and post comparitive 3dmark05 scores. - 81.85 performance infs gave me 2063, 81.89 xtreme-g performance infs gave me 207* (can't remember exactly, it was low 70's).

Will also try with and without the modded infs, from what others say above I should be able to do a standard install.

Ok... here the results.

81.85 lv2go modded inf - 2063

81.89 xtreme-g performance inf - 2074

81.94 (standard) lv2go modded performance inf - 2077

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded performance inf - 2085

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded quality inf - 1556

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded standard inf - didn't finish test (couldn't be bothered watching that thing for the 4th time in a row), but performance was lower than the 81.94 standard driver with perf inf.

The mobile driver with performance inf gave best score - but quality was very poor. I generally wouldn't reccommend this, I'm personally going to be using the 81.94 standard driver with performance inf, quality was more than acceptable and performance is up over previous drivers (higher framrates within 3dmark05 were noticeable).

For vargas - I couldn't see the go7300 in the inf - so for the moment I would be saying no, it won't work.

nvsvc32.exe is still crashing, I'm just going to disable the service though, been doing this for about a week and has not hampered me in any way (you will need to disable it every time you change drivers).

Edited by mattman

Mobile driver does not recognize the 6600Go in my Asus z71v. Anyone else have that problem?

Yeah i did notice that actually. I just used the modded infs.

I got the best performance/quality balance out of the standard driver with performance inf.

Edited by mattman

:)

Using the inf included with the install (for Geforce 6800 Go) there is no crashing nvsvc32.exe. However, when you move to the modded inf you get the crash. I am assuming it's some syntax error in the modded inf and not a driver error. This all started with the 80.XX drivers modded infs and hasn't been fixed yet.

-- Alex

Me too gets this Error- even with the included .inf file... wtf?!? :)

Will go back to last 70Series-Driver...

Mystic- seems the GO6600-Support is not yet really "final" from NVIDIA...

PS: Good work from you guys here- big thx!