LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony VGN-FS314S Go 6400 question and Tealtek HD Audio Problem

steve.valo

Hello I will try and keep this short; I have only just started playing games on my Laptop VGN-FS314S with Go6400. I was disappointed with the performance while playing GTA San Andreas, Juiced and Collin McRae 05, and found you site for driver upgrades. I have been through several drivers with different .inf files and found the 81.98 and 82.12 to be the best but only with the Performance .inf, with the modded and quality .inf the games are very slow, this I find strange as I read the Modded one should be good?

Since upgrading to 81.98 I can?t use Intervideo WinDVD for Vaio, I get some error about Create Overlay Failed. Please Reduce Screen Reslolution or Colour Depth. I can however run CyberLink Power DVD?

I also still have one problem with my Realtek HD Audio, I still get bad crackling when playing Collin McRae and Juiced even with the Audio Hardware Acceleration turned down.

Current RealTek HD Audio Driver 5.10.0.5211 Please help.

I have always had this problem with the RealteK HD Audio :)

I read the Modded one should be good?

Where?

And why didn't they mention that this is the mother of mobile INFs :haha:

Try get updates for all the mentioned applications and games. It's very likely that a miscombination of versions is responsible for your problems. Nothing to do with the mobile INF.

Where? use the search!

Thank you for the info, I have checked WinDVD for an update but there is not one. I'm not the only person with this problem since upgrading to 81.98 see link.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8848

But I will check for game updates.

For the sound problem, I think this is quite normal, I had it too with CMR05 (it's a non HD chip I have).

I noticed some difference when updating those drivers. try these ones (i think there are for your device):

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlhd-2...1&Software=True

jeroen.

I had the same problem. Fixed it by installing the 83.50 drivers and made sure the VMR option on the nvidia overlay options tab was set to off. For some reason previous drivers didn`t save this for me.

WinDVD and Do VAIO work perfectly again now.

As for the Realtek HD Audio, i get cracking sound too, i think it may be just the poor quality of the speakers (Using R1.30) OpenAL doesn`t seem to be supported either for games like Quake4.

SONY VAIO VGN-S94PS (JAP)

Pentium M 2.26Ghz

1 GIG RAM

Geforce Go 6400 Turbocache

100GB HDD

DVD-RW DL

WINXP SP2 PRO

For the sound problem, I think this is quite normal, I had it too with CMR05 (it's a non HD chip I have).

I noticed some difference when updating those drivers. try these ones (i think there are for your device):

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlhd-2...1&Software=True

jeroen.