LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FX Go5700 Benchmark Results Part III

Guest mobile risk

Guest mobile risk

It has been done......

3DMark 2k3 with 60.72 and Pieter's inf:

:) 4131 :P

This Intel EE has a hell of a speed burst on my system. Maybe it's also caused by the fact that I replaced the Apacer PC-3200 with new Kingston PC-3200.

Anyway, speed is up!!!!! :)

: :) : :P

:)

Way to go man :P :) :) :) :( :( :P

Guest mobile risk

Is no one out there, who tries to beat this?

mrodgers05, what's up, bra?!? :)

Any specific reason why my benchmark isn't on the perfomance site?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DarkGod

Sorry m8 but your scores already been r*ped by people with MR 9700s :) (cause ATI will always > Nvidia :) )

Just go to www.futuremark.com and compare to the "Mobility Radeon 9600" (since 3DMark currently can't distinguish between the two for some reason), you will be amazed.

Guest EdsDeathMachine

It's kinda funny how some people don't seem to pay attention to fact that this post was for Go5700 benchmarks and has absolutely nothing to do with ATI product. I love ATI, but let's have some more relevant comments or benchmarks regarding this product.

Guest mobile risk

@ DarkGod

Well, looks like you're in the wrong forum, buddy...... :)

Or have you ever used a forceware driver on an ati card?

We're all in love with our nvidia's :) !!!!

And by the way, this is without oc'ing!

Congrats MobileRisk,

Sorry about delay, I've been away, and missed your coronation.

The website has been updated with new score.

To make the socre official I will need your machine for testing. :)

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Guest mobile risk

@ Pieter

Well, I would feel much more comfortable, if you provide me with those good going inf's and I'll keep on testing :) .

So I can save the money for shipping from the US to New Zealand :)

Hope that's ok with you..........

Well I suppose that would have to do.

There are a truck load of INFs I've modded in the last 2 days.

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Guest mrodgers05

Mobile Risk,

My computer blew up a couple of weeks ago. I did it adding 512MB RAM to the Go5700. I will have my baby up and running again in a few days. With the 256MB add on and running at the standard clocks of 350MHz core and 550MHz memory clock I was able to get her up to 12622 on 3DMARK2001 and 4219 on 3DMARK03 with the 61.40 Driver with the 20.60 inf. Unofficial though. I'll get her up and running and then I'll run some more benchmarks.

On another note.... is it against the rules to upgrade the memory from 128MB to 256MB???? I had a friend change out the stock Memory on the Go5700 with faster memory and more of it (128MB vs 256MB). My performance jumped alot without any tweaking as shown by the above scores.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by dontknow

Well how about an overclocking section on the performance chart ?

So you freaks and geeks can go for it, with the obvious warnings that we here at nVision take no responsiblity :angryfire: for any wrong doings.

MRodgers05 we look forward to your newly modded machine, we are very interested in those scores no matter what Memory you have.

Didn't even know the go5700 had upgradable memory.

enjoy,

Pieter.

Guest mrodgers05

The card doesn't have upgradeable memory. I have a friend that works at the HP plant here in Spokane. He pulled the mobo and video card apart and used the surface mount soldering machine at the plant to resolder on the new chips to the card. We added more RAM (up from 128MB to 256MB) and faster RAM (950MHz clock speed up from about 350MHz). When we tried to put in the 512MB RAM it caused too many problems with the Video card. Now that I have a solid grasp of what settings we can go with I'll just quote a line from one of my favorite Jim Carey movies "It's Smokin!!!!" :) I broke 13000 on 3DMARK2001 and 4500 on 3DMARK03 with minor overclocking. I'm going to crank it up and see what I canhit then put it back to the factory settings and test. I'll post those specs when I'm done.

Guest mobile risk

mrodgers05,

I was thinkin' about the same and to upgrade the VideoRam. I know a guy who's working for Kingston and he would do it for me. Upgrading the VideoRam is ok with me, 'cause it has nothing to do with oc'ing. I bought me a secondary 5700go just for overclocking. Hit it up 'til 475 core and 685 mem and it stayed stable for a while......... :) Got about 14000 in 3DMark01and 5500 in 3DMark03. Like to see what the score with upgraded VideoRam will be.

mobilenvidia,

good idea, but not necessary! I think it's ok how it is. Tweaking around with os and the modded inf"s should do it! :)

Nice friends to have,

Gimme those scores anyway they are worth putting up, just to kick some ATI butt. *ttp://www.laptopvideo2go.com/images/webpictures/locked.gif

I've made room for a column in both 2k1 and 2k3.

The memory must be a huge bottle neck for Laptops.

Pieter.

wow that 2mb cache really shows the performance jump

even with 128mb less vram, i wonder how high it will go with more vram

good luck to both of u

niTz

NiTz,

Your overclocked score is the first to be added to the new column on the performance page.

Do you have any non OCed scores and a Driver version ?

Pieter.

Guest mobile risk

Here are the scores:

Overclocked my Go5700 to 490 core and 685 mem;

3DMark01: 14098

3DMark03: 5527

:)

Nice column anyway; looking forward to show up in there as well!!!!!!!!!!

We are here to make dreams come true, your rather impressive scores have been added.

Pieter.

Guest mobile risk

That looks good to me, Pieter!

I'm looking forward to have the new mxm or Go6xxx (what ever it will be in the end!) in my lappy! Hope to get those scores without oc'ing! But the next score will be the one with 512 VRam. Hopefully that's gonna work!!!!

Bring on those scores, us lappy owners are catching up to desktop speeds.

What is the Battery life like with the faster speed and memory ?

Will 512MB make much difference as the entire 3DMark 2k3 benchmark will fit inside it 3 times over.

Enjoy all that speed,

Pieter.

NiTz,

Your overclocked score is the first to be added to the new column on the performance page.

Do you have any non OCed scores and a Driver version ?

Pieter.

Hey pieter

i havent modded my 5650 yet im waiting for the parts i need to get in and, the 10177 score is with my 4200 go with driver 44.03. and ill post my non oced score when i get home.

thanks

niTz

Whoops, modified that wee mistake.

Good luck with mod.

Pieter.