International Files: True

New Control Panel: True

Comments

Dell driver, supports and is WHQL for these 2 GPU's:

NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800"

NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400"

Documents

Changelog:
  • This driver addresses some NMI and blue screen issues seen by some customers using intensive 3D applications and games.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current) @ Inspirion 5150
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current) @ Area 51-M 766
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - 82.10) @ ACER 1714
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current) @ VGN-FS115M
  • GeForce Go 6600: HERE from Mr.G (v84.25 - current) @ Qosmio F20-149
  • GeForce Go 6600: HERE from Heazky (v71.90 - current) @ Tecra S2
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from zipper (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 4438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current) @ D900T

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

Edited by ®®®

Yay, thanks :) been a while for Dell.

Just tried 84.30. The new control panel is causing me issues I think in relation to the old control panel. The overclock I set keeps getting reset to default clocks. I uninstalled and used DC Pro in safe mode with my anti-virus and popup blockers turned off for the install. I am going to give it one more shot to see if it works. If it's still buggy then I am going back to 84.25. I'll keep you guys posted.

Good Luck With This One,

Alex

UPDATE:

Definitely something wonky with this driver. I'm using 84.25 again and everything works fine. I had the same problem as before, would not retain overclock settings. I wonder what/where the problem is? If somebody has more luck running these could you put some benchmarks up -- wanna know how they stack up against 84.25. Thanks in advance!

Edited by alexandertyler@yahoo.com

INF v31.62 has fixed New CP missing copying of files bug fixed.

ALSO you need to enable 'NVIDIA Display Driver Service' if it's not enabled already.

To enable this 'Start', 'Run', type 'services.msc' then go to the heading 'NVIDIA Display Driver Service' and enable this service

Now you'll enjoy both control panels.

This applies to any driver with the New Control Panel.

Mobile parts of the modded INF have the service disabled as it can cause memory errors on a few machines

So be wary if this happens you just disable the service again.

the powermizer doen't work on this driver and also driver version 84.26. thanks bye

BSOD in the end of install. Driver works but old CP is missing and new is empty.

My control panel was also missing. The overclock resets when I close the old style CP even with NVSVC32.exe running. Telling you, this is a wonky driver.

Later,

Alex

I don't like enableing NV Driver services as it creates memory error on shutdown.

I'm disabling NV driver service and not have the new CP just for the sake of not having that error.

Have a play with this if you are experiencing problems.

I don't like enableing NV Driver services as it creates memory error on shutdown.

I'm disabling NV driver service and not have the new CP just for the sake of not having that error.

Have a play with this if you are experiencing problems.

Yeah, I agree with you, I also don't like the memory error. I think I'll just stick with 84.25 and wait for something better to come along. Personally I like the old CP the best anyways. Still can't keep my OC on my board with the 84.30. As soon as I close the CP it resets my OC so I'm content on waiting for another driver. I don't see the 84.30 being leaps and bounds ahead of the 84.25 anyways. Thanks for the advice though!

Later,

Alex

...and it doesn't let me to overclock even with RivaTuner...

So back to 84.21 - 84.26 didn't allow overclocking, too.

Edited by zipper

The NVSvc memory error problem is specific to laptops is it not? I notice the NVIDIA Display Driver service is automatically started on my desktop machine and it seems to be working properly so far.

The NVSvc memory error problem is specific to laptops is it not? I notice the NVIDIA Display Driver service is automatically started on my desktop machine and it seems to be working properly so far.

It seems to be

I disable it by default for all Mobile GPU's in the modded INFs, desktops have it enabled.

I'm not sure though if it's already diasabled or enabled wether the install will override it.

Not tested yet.

It seems to be

I disable it by default for all Mobile GPU's in the modded INFs, desktops have it enabled.

I'm not sure though if it's already diasabled or enabled wether the install will override it.

Not tested yet.

On my desktop rig, I found that with the new CP enabled, nvsvc32.exe keeps my CPU busy enough, just sitting there doing nothing, that it won't go into low power mode.

That must play hell on laptops with batteries to worry about.

I'd just as soon remove everything to do with this new CP and save bandwidth. lol

For those that want the New CP it's there, all ready to go.

For those that don't, and have problems with CPU usage just disable the service.

We'll have to get used to it sooner or later as I'd say Vista will have it as standard.

If I can ever get a driver to install for it other than 16.20.

Driver works just fine for me. Thx!

the above post was when I wasn't logged in.... :)

the above post was when I wasn't logged in.... :)

Hmmm... I'll ask Scott about this one to see if it had any problems in testing. I'll let you guys know what issues they were having if any or any serious bugs they didn't iron out. Hopefully these fixed the voltage and color rate bug that were in the 84.26 drivers.

Hmmm... I'll ask Scott about this one to see if it had any problems in testing. I'll let you guys know what issues they were having if any or any serious bugs they didn't iron out. Hopefully these fixed the voltage and color rate bug that were in the 84.26 drivers.

Got word from Scott that the 84.43 drivers are out but the 84.30s should be fine to use or even fix the Sedona Control Panels. There are still some issues with Sedona that need to be ironed out but it is more stable than the last one. Expect to see it sometime soon for Vista 32bit and 64bit drivers along with a brand new OpenGL 2.1 compliant Vista ICD especially designed for the new Vista GDI/AeroGlass subsystem.

Guest Jacky

I advice pple not to upgrade to this driver..

After upgrading to it, Half-Life 2 won't load anymore and fell back to safe mode.

I can't believe how they can WHQL such a driver.. given that I am running a Dell Inspiron 9300 with GeForce GO6800...

Cheers,

Jacky

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this driver (Dell's AO7) fine (without uninstalling old video driver), but prefer more subdued tones of my present driver (Dell driver A00: 6.7.7.1), so returned to it. My machine is a Precision M70 with 256MB Nvidia QuadroFX Go 1400, System Bios A04. I had blue-screens with the AO5 driver, so went for the AO0, which is certified for adobe software for the M70.

Perhaps someone could tell me what advantages the 84.30 has over the early drivers,; why my screen would go so bright with upgrade; and whether it would work differently if I upgraded in a different way?

Edited by antskip

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I've been having serious trouble with my Dell M70 Fx Go 1400 256Mb. Current 84.30 driver displays a lot of garbled pixels even when not running any 3D application. I upgraded to this driver because it said in Dell's pages that it fixed som BSODs when running Intensive OpenGL applications (that I had experienced). Faces in redraws of OpenGL apps sometimes "explode" and shortly after that BSOD again... I'm fustrated... ANY sugestion?

Ricardo.

I've been having serious trouble with my Dell M70 Fx Go 1400 256Mb. Current 84.30 driver displays a lot of garbled pixels even when not running any 3D application. I upgraded to this driver because it said in Dell's pages that it fixed som BSODs when running Intensive OpenGL applications (that I had experienced). Faces in redraws of OpenGL apps sometimes "explode" and shortly after that BSOD again... I'm fustrated... ANY sugestion?

Ricardo.

I would go back to AO0, which seems very stable. Maybe you could let me know how that goes if you do that. I am trying AO7 now, but unsure if i like it over AO0.

Edited by antskip

Guest Guest

Hi antskip, thanks for your reply. I rolled back to original driver (in my case it was the 78.11 since I bought this laptop recently from dell, around March).

The problem seems to be worst than I spected... Garbled pixels in 2D apps (when panning for instance) are displayed with the "original" driver too. And opengl apps are showing corrupted faces as well.

I'm refusing to admit hardware failure so soon... Do you have any idea on what else can I do before giving it back to Dell?

Thanks again.

Yea this driver has some CRAZY default settings. It was running AA AF by default on global settings.

Listen guys, the one thing you can do is disable the new control panel and use classic by going to display properties, settings, advanced, 6800, then selecting Classic instead of new CP.

The problem I have is everytime I close the laptop lid and reopen it, my icons are all screwed up, like the screen shrunk to 640x480 and came back (I can see how the icons are grouped and assume this). Im pulling hairs soon, anyone know the explanation to this?