LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SlimLine Burner Upgrade FAQ

®®®

Here is a rare diamond in FAQs i found a year ago in the german Guternet forum.

The one and only very detailed and informative FAQ concerning the replacement of internal Laptop burners (slimline). If it's about burner upgrade then it's in this FAQ. Even c'T has only general info to this topic compared to this FAQ :) Have not found better information anywhere.

I had a copy from 2005 lying around, but the FAQ gets updated all the time, so here's the most recent revision from 27-FEB-2006.

slimline.jpg

Slimline_FAQ.zip

User Splat owns TS 5205-S705 with a Toshiba SD-R6472.

Now my thought is that the form (the bottom right corner of the bezel/faceplate is cutted away) and measurements of SDR6012/6112 bezel/faceplate *might* be compatible with SDR6472. Can anyone confirm?

Or differently asked: Does SD-R6472 fits in TOSHiBA 5205-S703/4 and therefore is the only replacement for SD-R6012/6112?

You know I have UJ-810 but you can't actually say it is a replacement - 1x DVD-RW, DVD-RAM. I guess it is the same with yours.