LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Clevo & Graphic card modules (7800 GTX & 7900GTX)

Guest AlienHack

Guest AlienHack

Hi,

I am an owner of a Clevo M570A wich includes a graphic card module with a X800 XT . Lately Clevo has released the M570U model wich supports CORE DUO CPUs and includes a graphic card module with a Geforce 7900 GTX.

Now, what i want to ask is, can i get an 7900GTX module from the M7570U and plug it in the M570A?? Curently i am sure that the 570A supports the 7800GTX module. A friend of mine did the upgrade sucessfully.

Please any info will be helpfull

Hi there,

Up till now, Clevo has not used MXM. It has been a long and confusing story, but they don't . Or rather, I heard some rumours that their latest books use MXM, but nothing conclusive.

Anyways, I don't know enough to say anything conclusive on the topic, I'm sorry.

Ice-Tea

Guest AlienHack

I know they dont use standar MXM modules, THEY DO USE however their own modules that look like mxm but have deferent slots. What I ask here is whether the 7900GTX card module from Clevo 570U sticks in the 570A...

• 4 weeks later...

It´s Surely Possible, if a friend of yours put in a 7800 GTX...it would be Stupid if they change the Slot just for the Follower GraCa :) try an Ask to the Support from Clevo...this maybe helps.

Greetz

• 2 months later...

I asked Clevo and they said that the module socket is the same BUT they havent tested and wont test compatibility... :-( Now i'm searching for someone with such a card (7900GTX clevo module) or a clevo 570U to try and test it in my laptop..

I asked Clevo and they said that the module socket is the same BUT they havent tested and wont test compatibility... :-( Now i'm searching for someone with such a card (7900GTX clevo module) or a clevo 570U to try and test it in my laptop..

Check this out.

• 3 months later...

I checked it out and although my nickis german I can read the site as I am a silly american trying to be cool:) Anybody help? I am trying to upgrade my Alien/Clevo which has the 6800 and goldenstar here in the states will not sell just the cards anymore for upgrading due to contract restraints> :)

You may want to give Eurocom a go. They even have some kind of upgrade configurator on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Thanks for the tip great website and looks like I canget what I need. :)