LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Green screen in video players

Hinczyk

I have a problem with movies and every video in Windows. Every secon time when I want to play movie screen turns green and whole system slows down. Every movie (avi, mpg, mov...), every webcam. I have to change resolution or restart Windows. Even if I uninstall every codec and install normal XviD or DivX or even only QuickTime. Now i use K-Lite Codec from www.free-codecs.com. Windows XP SP2.

Please help!

Which video driver are you using?

What GPU do you have on board?

Acer Aspire 1520

GeForce FX Go5700 64MB

Driver ver. 91.31

Did you try switching VMR option in nVidia control panel? Was that happening in other drivers like in 80 series if you tried?

Head back to a reliable driver such as the 84.25... then follow the OWL advice fiddle the VMR option.

The same problem on the oryginal drivers 62.12. When I disable VMR I can't see the movie.

I assume you use Media Player Classic... try changing the Video Output method.

It happen in every video player. Even in web browser during watching trailers etc.

It happen in every video player. Even in web browser during watching trailers etc.

Anything that displays video use an overlay mode... so this is not shocking to see the same issue with all the players.

Media Player Classic allow to easilly fiddle with the Output mode.

Which codecs did you install on your machine? You can have a nasty post processing piggy backed on the video rendering that mess with your overlays.

Try removing everything that you had installed previously... then uninstall the KLite... then reinstall it.

Did you had this issue in the past? What triggered the mess? Driver change, codec upgrade...

And as the last thing to do, try Overlay Fix in FAQ section.

As I said before

The same problem on the oryginal drivers 62.12. When I disable VMR I can't see the movie (black screen).

Do you have a spare hard disk on your shelves? If yes install a FRESH windows to rule out a hardware issue. Install only service pack 2 and drivers... no crappy webcamish kinda apps.

ps: the flying saucer behind your girlfriend look so fake... :)

ps: the flying saucer behind your girlfriend look so fake... :)

That was mean... but i had a GOOD and long laugh, i almost 'rofl'ed

That was mean... but i had a GOOD and long laugh, i almost 'rofl'ed

He could have PhotoShoped the lightpost out of the image... clone tool right click, click click click... gone.

ps: I think it's a light post... and ruled out an object in the backpack because it's out of focus... therefore in the background of the main subject.

Edited by Fabrice Roux