LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Inspiron 9300

SassygalNC

I don't agree with you... there is a 'right' driver... Dell's latest official for the 9300 is the 84.30 which is rock solid. It has PureVideo, Oblivion, PowerMizer and all the bits and chunks expected in a serious driver. In fact the only thing missing is the new 91 series advanced PureVideo filterings.

You're the expert! :)

I don't agree with you... there is a 'right' driver... Dell's latest official for the 9300 is the 84.30 which is rock solid. It has PureVideo, Oblivion, PowerMizer and all the bits and chunks expected in a serious driver. In fact the only thing missing is the new 91 series advanced PureVideo filterings.

so do you suggest I d/l the 84.30?? IF so I will do it LOL cus I know you have same exact laptop as i do and you would know if it works good or not

Yes head over to Dell Support page and download this driver... it works like a charm.

You guys mentioned my name so I'll go ahead and comment, I am still using the old (depending on who you ask around here) 82.10 driver (originally from Dell) with a custom mod INF and everything runs great, every DX8 compatible game I have tested for people here works, and games/demos I actually play run fine, Doom3, HL2, ect.

Now that is just how it runs for me, you guys with 6800 and 7800, ect, your millage may very.

There might be some image quality/speed problems for some with this driver, but it runs fine for me and I don't care to have super exact graphics in games if they run nice.

I justed upgraded to 1 GB RAM but not sure if my games are smoother as I haven't bothered to test most yet, but I did just try the Prey demo (runs on Doom3 engine, and it seems to run very smoothly with better graphics than doom3, might be able to hit 1600x1200 on it with good settings, While I never ran the thing with only 512MB RAM, I think the RAM upgrade has to do with it running a lot better than Doom3.

Anyway the point is older drivers are still good, unless maybe you are still using a 40 series and expect to run newer games.

But really any GF 6 or 7 card, manufacturers drivers shouldn't really be "old" yet.

If you have any 8x driver I wouldn't call it old, I think mine was one of the first 8x series to be released.

If you have an 8x driver that works fine (all/most things work correctly), you should only really upgrade if a game requires so, and usually they require a new driver for a good reason.

Back in the day I found myself frequently going back to a Dell driver, or one with a Dell INF because of certain things only working with those.

A game should run fine on a good dell driver out of the box, if that is the case then you can mod the driver to include all the fancy features and whatnot.

You guys mentioned my name so I'll go ahead and comment, I am still using the old (depending on who you ask around here) 82.10 driver (originally from Dell) with a custom mod INF and everything runs great, every DX8 compatible game I have tested for people here works, and games/demos I actually play run fine, Doom3, HL2, ect.

Now that is just how it runs for me, you guys with 6800 and 7800, ect, your millage may very.

There might be some image quality/speed problems for some with this driver, but it runs fine for me and I don't care to have super exact graphics in games if they run nice.

I justed upgraded to 1 GB RAM but not sure if my games are smoother as I haven't bothered to test most yet, but I did just try the Prey demo (runs on Doom3 engine, and it seems to run very smoothly with better graphics than doom3, might be able to hit 1600x1200 on it with good settings, While I never ran the thing with only 512MB RAM, I think the RAM upgrade has to do with it running a lot better than Doom3.

Anyway the point is older drivers are still good, unless maybe you are still using a 40 series and expect to run newer games.

But really any GF 6 or 7 card, manufacturers drivers shouldn't really be "old" yet.

If you have any 8x driver I wouldn't call it old, I think mine was one of the first 8x series to be released.

If you have an 8x driver that works fine (all/most things work correctly), you should only really upgrade if a game requires so, and usually they require a new driver for a good reason.

Back in the day I found myself frequently going back to a Dell driver, or one with a Dell INF because of certain things only working with those.

A game should run fine on a good dell driver out of the box, if that is the case then you can mod the driver to include all the fancy features and whatnot.

hey Bill

I d/l and installed the 84.30 but i had to do a system restore cus it wouldnt let windows start up. I had to start in safe mode. I play an online game at www.secondlife.com and about 2 weeks ago or so they did an upgrade on it and said we need to upgrade our drivers if possible so that is why I want to upgrade plus the game run laggy on my laptop and freezes up!

Yes head over to Dell Support page and download this driver... it works like a charm.

HI

I d/l and installed it and had to restore my laptop. It would not go past the windox log screen so I d/l and installed the 84.21 and so far so good!!

HI

I d/l and installed it and had to restore my laptop. It would not go past the windox log screen so I d/l and installed the 84.21 and so far so good!!

:)