LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Qosmio E15 help, driver update, get nero 7 or Dscaler to capture video

Rocker

Got a Toshiba Qosmio E5 AV101 running MCE 2005, GFX 5200 viedo card and Toshiba PCI A/V tuner. Need to know what is the best driver here for my laptop. Having trouble configuring Nero 7 to run live feed as well a Dscaler. Either one does not recognize video card, my guess is the tuner card cannot be opened with current settings. On Nero 7 only gotten as far as getting audio check but when configuring the video nothing comes up, only an error. Please help, would like to use either app to be able to do some platform gamming (Ex PS2 or Gamecube).

Ok, so I'm screwed then... cant use DScaler then... Anyways, whats the best update driver for my sist? How about Nero 7 Home Scout, is there a way to get that to work? Lets you disable delay option.

DScaler need an access to the lowest level of the hardware to work... hence it's short compatibility list. Nero 7 should work with the "appropriate driver"... I'm thinking WDM driver.

IIRC it's not Nero Scout that will allow you to play with the tuner... it's purpose is finding media files on your PC. It's Nero home that show a Media Center like interface.

Ok, my bad... Well when configuring Nero Home a message pops up saying that there is another app using the video to shut down and restart app. And having no video app running. Also where do I get the best suitable WDM driver for my system. Any pointer on how to configure Nero 7 home to Capture video from my tuner?