LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Image artifacts Dell E1705/9400

Guest bobbovine

Guest bobbovine

I recently put XP back on my laptop, Dell E1705/9400, after a failed experiment with the Vista beta. All of a sudden I'm getting artifacts all over my display. The look like blue dashes, the go away or move if I force the screen to redraw by openning a new window or something similar, but never disappear completely. Machine has a GO 7800. I've tried three different drivers, each earlier than the last. 90.x series 85.x series, no luck any ideas.

Weird thing is they show up in screen shots....

Hoping this is an odd ball driver issue and not some sort of memory failure.

post-0-1150550945_thumb.jpg

Given that the last driver available at Dell is kinda aging... 78.x

Your best driver would be the 84.30 (that comes from Dell but for the 6800 Go) the modded INF will allow you to use it on your machine. I use it... and I'm REALLY HAPPY with this driver.

Guest bobbovine

It ended up being bad RAM on the card. Driver version didn't make any difference and performance took a drastic nose dive shortly after the first post. I'm getting an RMA from Dell.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...
It ended up being bad RAM on the card. Driver version didn't make any difference and performance took a drastic nose dive shortly after the first post. I'm getting an RMA from Dell.

Thanks for the help!

Hey there... Im having the exact same problem. Did you just contact dell directly with your problems and they replace it? It suddenly happened to my machine today after a game crashed, and no matter what drivers i use its still the same. Im thinking of formatting...

cheers

Go ahead with reformating your computer....Then when you find out that it doesnt work come back here :)

I was kidding BTW....You should try calling up Dell support and pray that you dont get a complete dumass on the line.

Go ahead with reformating your computer....Then when you find out that it doesnt work come back here :)

I was kidding BTW....You should try calling up Dell support and pray that you dont get a complete dumass on the line.

haha.. well I did format and reinstall windows just to check, and it didn't help as suspected. I will call dell when I have time and get them to have a look at it. Not really looking forward to them taking it and having to wait weeks before they replace the motherboard... :)