LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with GeForce 6800 go

chris-red

Hi,

I'm new an am having problems trying to find drivers for my 6800 go there are none that work on Nvidia's website. I have also tryed my manufacturer, Mesh they also have nothing. My drivers are now over a year out of date and I'm having trouble with F.E.A.R. crashing which I believe is linked to these old drivers. I also noticed when I was looking through someother threads that said these graphics cards can be over clocked alot could someone give me some advice on this please.

My Laptop is a Mesh Ultima PCI-e

3.4ghz P iv ht

1gb RAM

Geforce 6800 go 256mb

Winxp sp2

Thanks, Chris

Also something I forgot, I tried to connect laptop through DVI to my HDTV but the image is bearly recognisable. I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing if anyone could give me some pointers that would be great.

I have a 3dmark05 score of 3155 this was on the default setting on my laptop at the moment.

Edited by chris-red

Go to the 84.25 driver page then follow the Quickstart Guide instructions to install the driver.

ps: drivers found on nVidia website are limited to desktop GPUs.

Go to the 84.25 driver page then follow the Quickstart Guide instructions to install the driver.

Then you can compare here what the newer drivers do - no noticeable speed difference,

you may see better fps in some games - Oblivion etc.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8245

Thanks guys that new driver fixed the HDTV problems, I'm about to give it a 3dmark05 run see what it does.

How can I easily tweak/overclock the card to run faster?

Thanks guys that new driver fixed the HDTV problems, I'm about to give it a 3dmark05 run see what it does.

How can I easily tweak/overclock the card to run faster?

Nvidia Control Panel or RivaTuner; Rivatuner is faster to change settings (and does of course much more, too).

:)

Nvidia Control Panel or RivaTuner; Rivatuner is faster to change settings (and does of course much more, too).

Sorry proper noob here I have no idea what to do with rivatuner :) I just want my card to run faster (oblivion needs to be played smoothly on higher settings :P )

I want to get 4000+ scores on 3dm05 like you.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by chris-red

On a regular graphic card most of the optimisations for Oblivion will be in the game settings. Since you have a 6800 Go, the overclock headroom allows you to squeeze more fps from overclocking.

On my todo list there is now 3 items related to LaptopVideo2Go:

- write my bio/resume in the FAQ section.

- write an Oblivion optimisation guide.

- write a HOWTO overclock smartly with RivaTuner guide. (unless there is already one here... but I haven't found it)