LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 4 440go What driver?

niko

hi all,

i am new so a big hello, hope to enjoy this forum and help and get some help to.

i got a dell inspiron 8200 with a Geforce4 440Go card. says Geforce4 440Go NVIDIA (Omega 1.6693) (P)

i am having problems with the fact that NO modern game will run on my card! usually all do not support this card at all!

i recently bought True crime NYC, the Godfather and hitman blood money! and none worked!

i just bought Rise and Fall Civilisations at war. which says supports Geforce4 cards!

but when i install it is says my G card does not support Vertex shades!!!

please people help me i am going crazy, feel like nothins happening!

please make it easy for a not to amazing pc minded guy! apart form getting a new G card.

What is the newest driver cos i cant find anything for the Geforce4 400Go or what ones works best for the Dell inspiron 8200 and game?

the current version i have is : driver version : 6.6.9.3

please help guys and girls!

thanks!

sorry if this is a boring or seen it before post but.....

thanks

Niko

I have only a slightly better gpu than yours (460go) and honestly, those newer games just don't work. There are emulators that tell the game your card can do things it can't, just to get them to run, but I've never had any success with that. After years of "keeping up with the latest" drivers, I settled on 67.66. It won't run the new games but it will do everything else very very well. It was hard to kick the "latest and greatest" driver habit, but I'm very happy with what I can do with what is, by today's standards, totally obsolete hardware. The most advanced game I played that was actually playable (though sometimes very very slow) was GTA: San Andreas. anything beyond that is simply a no-go.

good luck!!!

The Geforce 4 440 is in fact equivalent to a desktop Geforce 2.

The driver wont change a thing... you lack hardware features.

I have only a slightly better gpu than yours (460go) and honestly, those newer games just don't work. There are emulators that tell the game your card can do things it can't, just to get them to run, but I've never had any success with that. After years of "keeping up with the latest" drivers, I settled on 67.66. It won't run the new games but it will do everything else very very well. It was hard to kick the "latest and greatest" driver habit, but I'm very happy with what I can do with what is, by today's standards, totally obsolete hardware. The most advanced game I played that was actually playable (though sometimes very very slow) was GTA: San Andreas. anything beyond that is simply a no-go.

good luck!!!

so it looks like the only real option is to buy a new pc be it a desktop or what ever.

hmm, im a bit suprised as Rise and Fall civilisations at war clearly states that Geforce 4 works, i presume that means geforce4 440go aswell.

hmm i mean i bought this pc about 5 years ago, so i presume it had its heyday with games.

67.66 obviously means driver versions 6.7.6.6 as in compared to mine of 6.6.9.3?

even downling the newer driver for the newer G cards while modding them will have no effect?

thanks mate for you input!

nikop

Edit:

The Geforce 4 440 is in fact equivalent to a desktop Geforce 2.

The driver wont change a thing... you lack hardware features.

short and sweet reply then, so all the games bought will not run at all then simply put! oh bu993r!

hmm,does my g card support something called "vertex shaders"?

thanks

niko

///Merged posts. -Bill

No pixels/vertex shaders in your GPU. (check the GPU features on this page)

What you have is called TnL... which stands for texture and lighting the very first version of GPU helping the CPU handling polygons.

Please don't post the same problem in 2 forums. It's a waste of bandwidth and precious people ressources.

///Merged posts. -Bill

No pixels/vertex shaders in your GPU. (check the GPU features on this page)

What you have is called TnL... which stands for texture and lighting the very first version of GPU helping the CPU handling polygons.

so there is no way i can play the game?

niko

Just from reading it seems that True Crime will not even run on my card, which has higher level Shader support than yours. Time to start a war against the developer.

*locks ballistic missile coordinants on Luxoflux and Aspyr*

The God Father requires a DX8 or better card, for laptops only the 4200 go and the Quadro4 700 support it, or any newer card like a GF FX, 6, 7, 8, ect Go card.

For the Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War game, I think it just needs vertex shaders, this one might run on much OLDER drivers.

Uninstal the Omega driver and (seriously here) install the 42.58 driver from Dell's website, this older driver can emulate vertex shaders so that game might run.

Support for emulating vertex shaders on go and MX cards was dropped in newer drivers, although I am not sure when.

For the others you will just need a new computer, maybe you have a desktop that you can put a GeForce FX card in?

I also saw a GeForce 6600 256MB AGP card for about $85 on newegg, would also be a good upgrade on an older computer, would run any game out now and vista glass, ect.

The 440 go is a DX 7 card with no pixel shader support, and vertex shader 1.1 works through emulation only on older drivers.

It is based on the GeForce 4 MX cards so any game that does not run on those will probably not work on a GeForce 440 go card.

If you keep posting more topics I will start to get mad here you know.

Merging topics made me have to merge 2 double posts here.

I see your 5100 FX topic, if you indeed have a GeForce FX card (atleast 64MB hopefully) it should run all 3 of the games mentioned in the PM.