• Vicious PCKatana III GeForce Go 7800 GTX
    Vicious Ninja II GeForce Go 7800 GTX
    Vicious PCKatana III GeForce Go 7900 GTX
    Vicious Ninja III GeForce Go 7900 GTX
  • Vigor Gaming Augustus GeForce Go 7900 GTX
  • Voodoo PCVoodoo PC Envy u:703 GeForce Go 7800 GTX

Documents

The following are changes made and issues resolved since driver version 83.40:

• Added support for the GeForce Go 7900 GTX and GeForce Go 7900 GS.
  • Added support for additional notebook models. See Table 3.1, "Supported Notebook Products" on page24 for a complete list.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has trailing corruption in the wake of all objects.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX : The system slows down with the Liquid Edition SD timeline.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, GeForce Go 7900 GS, GeForce Go 7900 GTX : Improved performance for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, GeForce Go 7900 GS, GeForce Go 7900 GTX : Improved performance for Tomb Raider: Legend

Open Issues in Version 84.63:

• GeForce Go 7900 GS/GTX, Dell XPS M1710, Dell Inspiron E1705: TV display is not scaled correctly.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Clevo M590K: There are glowing horizontal white lines on the LCD when running full-screen Direct3D or OpenGL applications.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Clevo M590K: Hot-key display switching to the TV does not work.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Clevo M590K: TV shows only scan lines when enabled.
  • GeForce Go 7800/7900 GTX: Rainbow Six: Lockdown has glowing screen borders when application antialiasing is enabled.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Windows Media Player 9 audio pauses when switching between windowed and full-screen mode on the second display.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Nero Showtime hangs or plays without audio when playing a Quick Time clip.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: There is no landscape shadow or incorrect landscape shadow position in War on Terror.
  • GeForce Go 7800/7900 GTX: DVD-Video stutters on the digital display with vertical/horizontal scrolling text clip.
  • When adding Custom Resolutions, the user is not allowed to select the "monitor scaling" option.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Graphics details are blurry in Call of Duty: United Offensive.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Windows XP MCE: Video skips intermittently when playing HD network transport streaming clips.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Text in the game Fable flickers on and off, and sometimes stops rendering, on a Dell flat panel display.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Windows XP: When changing to a resolution higher than 1024x768 in Need for Speed Underground 2 on a 1920x1200 widescreen flat panel, the application attempts to select the next resolution it has above 1024x768, which is 1280x960 and not supported by most flat panels.
    A known workaround is to manually add the mode 1280x960 from NVIDIA's Custom Timings control panel and then continue to select the resolution needed.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Windows XP: The desktop becomes shaky when changing the resolution to 1920x1080 on a Viewsonic VP231wb.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX Windows XP MCE 2005: Some artifacts appear when de-interlacing is enabled on 1920x1080i video clips.
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Windows XP MCE 2005: Changing the video acceleration while using Windows Media Player 10 to play "PBS - Omaha Zoo RR.mpg" crashes the application.

DELL's Changelog:

Reference Driver 84.63:

Known fixes

• Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has trailing corruption in the wake of all objects.
  • The system slows down with the Liquid Edition SD timeline.
  • Improved performance for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Improved performance for Tomb Raider: Legend

Known issues for GeForce Go 7900 on Dell XPS M1710

• The external single display on DVI will flash a line on screen when resolution is set to 1152*864 with color depth 16bit. This issue only occurs the first time when display is switched from native LCD to the single external DVI display and resolution is set to 1152*864. Issue disappears after restart.
  • WinXP: TV Scaling is not correct. XPS M1710 connected to TV, image will apprear squeezed to the top portion of the TV screen.

Download NVIDIA's official documents for v84.63:

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current) @ Inspirion 5150
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current) @ Area 51-M 766
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - 82.10) @ ACER 1714
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current) @ VGN-FS115M
  • GeForce Go 6600: HERE from Mr.G (v84.25 - current) @ Qosmio F20-149
  • GeForce Go 6600: HERE from Heazky (v71.90 - current) @ Tecra S2
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from zipper (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 4438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current) @ D900T

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

Edited by ®®®

• 2 weeks later...

added changelog

Could you people trying this driver report the following functions work properly:

Video stuttering: [No / Yes fixed with VMR option / not tested]

PowerMizer: [Yes / No / not tested]

TV-out: [Yes / No / not tested]

nb: the optimal answers are the first ones.

This driver is now officially released by NVIDIA as a MCE and mobile Driver with a changelog. Promising.... I'll update the thread with new info in a few minutes.

The file @ NV FTP is incomplete :P , but not broken :)

The INF :) and international files are missing.

I'm downloading the driver now... on the paper it seems to be the best option for recent cards... 6x00 and 7x00.

Fabrice, did you manage to receive a correct packed file from NV FTP? The filedate is still 19.06.2006 aka hasn't changed since 08th of July and that's the last time i tried to download.

I´m afraid NVIDIA has changed there Installation Mode... No visible INF File anymore?

But perhaps it´s possible to generate a special INF-File for the new 91.33 Driver and Mobile GPU´s with the special Settings for Notebooks especially for Dualview with a second Display like the Settings in the 83.40 Mobile Driver from NVIDIA. I´m using this Driver on my Notebook, because all other INF-Files with all other Driver-Versions have got big Problems with DUAL-View in docked Modus and single View in undocked Modus.

There don´t recognise the second Display or switch the primary Display to the second Display. The Desktop get garbaged, because buildin Display has other resolution as the external Panel. Because of that I´ve patched the original INF-File in 83.40 for my own with the Vendor-ID of my GPU.

Does anybody know what are the Differences in the INF-File from NVIDIA in the 83.40 Mobile and the one served on this Site?

Greetings from Greven (Germany)...

Fabrice, did you manage to receive a correct packed file from NV FTP? The filedate is still 19.06.2006 aka hasn't changed since 08th of July and that's the last time i tried to download.

The one that I downloaded is the classic EXE installer... no corruption or whatsoever... but I'm not sure we are talking about the same file.

You can effortless extract the .EXE with 7Zip for example. No INF inside and no international files even though the filename pretends to be international :) Maybe a look in hte data.cab will shed some light on this weird driver (first occurence since 200 or 300 drivers i've analyzed that the INF is missing)

Here is what is in the driver EXE...

060712_inside_84.63.png

Note that neither the latest WinRAR or 7-Zip appear to open the CAB file.

the .CABs can be opened with i6comp or WinPack 2.31 (the link for this tool is in the SU area... the thread where Pieter is describing his WLAN modding story)

There you go... the nVidia installer crap located inside data1.cab...

060712_inside_data1.png

Getting mysterious now. I've never seen *.ips files in NV drivers and elsewhere, at least i cant remember.

The .ips files also appear in other CABs that I have (not just NV Cabs)

It must be part of language support for setup.exe

Oh that makes sense, so these are the InstallShield localization files for the setup procedure... while the actual NV localization files and the INF have disappeared in this peticular driver release :)

i will search the web to find the file that nvidia hides the ide's in it. i will keep in touch

Guest The_Lead_Factor

UPDATED DRIVER

Looks like a patch was released on July 18th "Updated kit to fix some installation issues reported by end users."

Just finished downloading it and it has the INF and everything this time around :)

Thanks for the headups. Downloading... will repack our driver in a while even though it's fairly complete and usable out of the box with Pieter's modded INF.

Glad they care about enthusiast mobile endusers :)

Why there isn't enhancer link?

Will add it while updating the first post with new info, but first must finishing packing and reuploading :) ...

More than 10 drivers repacked with new files and/or OEM INFs... :)

First time ever that NVIDIA officially released a mobile driver from DELL :)

A binary compare results in: identical 100%. No need to reupload.

This is really promising. The last legendary driver concerning speed, stability and mobile features was 44.68 from DELL also, is this the successor?

Well I doubt that Dell is really modifing the source code of the drivers... they used one build that came right from nVidia... and tweaked the INF at best. The mother of ForceWare is nVidia. :)

*opening the toolbox*Well it looks like this is the candidate for Fabricication.

But first thing first... I need to reactivate the CAPTCHA on my blog.

But it's the same INF :) That's what's astonishing. No nv4_disp.inf this time. _All_ official NV drivers come with an nv4_disp.inf or some kind of derivate, but _not_ the 4digit OEM nvXX.INF

It like you buy an Rolls Royce and Emily is missing, but a BMW badge instead on your engine hood.

Dell is not modifiying the source code, they modifiy the INF from an adjusted driver they got from NVIDIA, that'S correct.

It's logical to see one manufacturer use the INF settings from it's biggest mobile graphic chip integrator.

Not so far ago... In my StereoVision days... I used the graphic driver and stereo drivers from Elsa. :) I still have a 19" CRT that allows me to see in 3D at my parents. :)