LaptopVideo2Go Forums

is it possible? Sony AR card into FS

aznseank

is it possible to place a sony vaio AR geforce 7600gt into sony vaio fs? I know there is a bit of a difference in size.. the AR is 17inch while fs is 15.4. But is it possible????

Guest Guest

thats somethin you gotta google, or look around for compaitability. I'd say look for images, and if the 2 video cards in each laptop match up, i'd say it'd be possible. Mobo compaitability on the other hand may not. Swapping video cards that werent intended for a specific laptop is a risky job. Dells especially, as even the RAM, processor and video card have to be of a certain type (i cant remember what the actual terms are in this case, i do know you cant just throw any processor in)

• 2 weeks later...

after looking everywhere on the web for sony fs series inside.... i have finally learned to my dissappointment that the GPU is built in...SIGH.... oh well.. time to upgrade the CPU at least....