LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 7300 Question

akulski

I have an Asus A6KM (Z92KM in US) and the video is GeForce Go 7300.

SO how much is actualy the dedicated video ram? The Win info display is telling 256 MB and I am applayiing the pic. Is this it or there is another method to tell?

000850045.jpg

Thanks in advance:)

Edited by akulski

Looking up the specs of the laptop with google... the result is 64Mb of dedicated RAM. But it uses upto 256 of shared RAM thru TurboCache.

It's the least to expect... if the system reports to the programs that you only have 64Mb... you can kiss those new games bye bye. That is the amount of RAM that was available on a top notch Geforce 2 Ultra 6 years from now.

It's the least to expect... if the system reports to the programs that you only have 64Mb... you can kiss those new games bye bye. That is the amount of RAM that was available on a top notch Geforce 2 Ultra 6 years from now.

..there is nothing mentioned about sharing or 64 MB's of ram!! I remember thah there are 7300 VCards with 64/128 and 256 MB of RAM, all of them with turbo cache, so by the info given to me by the system(WinXP), by the NERD tool, by 3DMark and etc., all of them are saying 256MegaBytes!!!!

And I am plaing Oblivion on 1024x768 on medium quality with dist. landscape blah blah, at very reasonable framerates,not to mention some other not so demanding games.. :)

Anyways thanks for the quick reply man :)

I'm in the process of writing an Oblivion tweaking guide... it will be my way of gaming... so a lot of useless thing will end up disabled.

If you really want to keep the grass activated try using this setting:

[Grass]
iMinGrassSize=130

It will turn the grass into grass patches instead of the wild amazon rain forest. Since I'm an alchemist I'd rather turn off the grass since it can hide usefull plants. Plus it doesn't make the game prettier.

it is prettier man, when riding in the forest all the plants and the shaking grass is just amazing, and it is not making the game unplayable at all. The only big deal with performance is the distand land, and especially distand buildings and trees. With the last two I am starting to get some serious performanse isssues;)

If I had to chose between the 2... Id rather dump the grass first than having a nasty fog of war that cover the distant land and building.

Either i haven't paid much attention to it before, but this is actually the first time i consciously see NERD log from a Laptop with no PCI anymore. The A6KM seems to based totally on PCI-Express ?!

PCI Busses, Devices and Device Functions Tree

--Bus 0 (PCI Express)

+-- Device 00h 1039h:0756h PCI to HOST Bridge

+-- Device 01h 1039h:0004h PCI to PCI Bridge > Bus 1

+-- Device 02h

| +-- Function 0 1039h:0964h PCI to ISA Bridge

| +-- Function 5 1039h:5513h IDE (ATA) Storage

| +-- Function 6 1039h:7013h Hayes Compatible Modem Simple Communication

| |-- Function 7 1039h:7012h Audio Multimedia

+-- Device 03h

| +-- Function 0 1039h:7001h USB (OHCI) Serial

| +-- Function 1 1039h:7001h USB (OHCI) Serial