LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP Pavillion dv8000t, what driver should i use?

Guest Alex

Hey there guys I am about to receive an hp pavillion dv800t with an 7600 geforce into it, what driver do you think i should use without breaking my OS? Seems as the default set included is an 83.25.

Regards

alex

Your driver is not that outdated... unless you need extra performance in Oblivion or better image quality when playing video with a Purevideo compatible player there is no need to upgrade right now.

If you want to jump... go for 84.25 or 84.30...

Edited by Fabrice Roux

I'm using the 84.30... so try the 84.30 check if PowerMizer functions work for your driver. If they do... report it here. Basically 84.30 is the Dell's laptop version of 84.25... the modded INF allows to install it on your computer.

Edited by Fabrice Roux

Guest Sir Puma

I just got a HP DV8000T with the 7600 in it. While everything runs fine for normal use, I can't get Battlefield 2 to run. Counter Strike Source runs well, though the screen size is funny, I can't get BF2 to run. When I go to load it, it hangs just prior to the splash screen then exits. Has anyone else had this problem?

There are 6000 reasons why Battlefield 2 doesn't run well on *you pick*. They all revolve around POOR PROGRAMMING.

On laptop the main issue is the screen refresh rate... check it... if it's not 60Hz you have your problem. The solution is in the Battlefield 2 thread in the gaming section.

Guest Sir Puma

Yeah, I got to playing around with it last night and found that it doesn't like my screen. It didn't matter what resolution I set it to, it just wouldn't work, but when I hooked up my LCD and set it as the primary, POW, it worked.

Go to the gaming section.... the solution requires to edit the video.con file IIRC.