LaptopVideo2Go Forums

84.69 Overclocking 7800 Go

dhummel

I have been having good luck running the 84.69 drivers with the stock inf file in normal operating mode.

If I use the modded .inf I get a BSOD with nv4_mini.sys error. So I have stuck with the original .inf.

I used NVTweak to open up the overclocking section of the control panel. Everyhting seems to set fine, until I leave the screen. Even RivaTuner will not allow the settings to stay.

The drivers that came with the system 78.59 allow me to overclock just fine so I know it can be done.

I have searcheds far and wide for and answer and I can find only two so far, neither of which I like:

1) Use and earlier driver

2) do some sort of flash bios update,for which I cannnot find a file that will work with my card.

If there is no other solution, can someone explaine why this happens (as well as why the modded inf fails me, but the stock works. What is so different?)