• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabrice Roux

• who13

• Area51m-7700

• ®®®

Just so you guys know, the new modded INF's are the main cause of all BSOD installation issues.

I just re-downloaded the 91.33's modded INF and it was different from the older one I had.

I re-installed as a test and my lappy went BOOM, but as soon as I copied the older one back it worked perfectly :)

What's going on there?

:)

Edited by Pawel

Then do us a favor and attach both INFs in a ZIPped package for us to investigate.

Just so you guys know, the new modded INF's are the main cause of all BSOD installation issues.

I just re-downloaded the 91.33's modded INF and it was different from the older one I had.

I re-installed as a test and my lappy went BOOM, but as soon as I copied the older one back it worked perfectly :P

What's going on there?

:)

As ®®® has said attach both INF to this thread.

I can then have a look at what could be the problem.

I havn't added any tweaks of late, just updating the GPU's supported

So I'm a little confused :)

Wonder why only some folk have the BSODs and not all

It seems to cause BSOD's on laptops rather than on Desktop machines. I tried installing the 91.36 on my desktop which has a 6800 Ultra and strangely enough, I did not experience the BSOD.

Maybe the INF has too many device ID's? or something is conflicting in that respect.

I'm not entirely sure, but it is very odd why two slightly modified INF's would cause such an error.

I've attatched the working INF (for me). The one that caused the BSOD after switching is the one hosted on your site at the moment.

nv4_disp.inf

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Thanks that was quick Pawel, are you willing to do the whole test series one by one (6 total)?

My first guess is HDMI, so in the new INF remark out (;) the following line, so it looks like

;HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",NvCplEnableHDMIColorRange,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab] %REG_DWORD%, 1

Then do the whole reinstallaition procedure (unistall, reboot, install, reboot)

Okely malokey, will try this in an hour, just watching an episode of FireFly with my girlfriend at the mo :)

good series... was axed after the first season because of poor marketing :)

Ok, curiosity killed me so I decided to try it now.

Just finished installing the 91.36 perfectly, so your suggestion worked a treat! :)

• 10 months later...

Hello every one,

I can see it's an old thread,

but since is related to my problem and Alpha07x has already jumped it a month ago,

I will jump it again, sorry : )

I have a pavillion dv8391ea with Go7600 256mb,

someone told me the 91.33 will be best for me at atm.

are their any newer better drivers for my notebook?

that had been tested on a similar notebook?

Also I am not sure anymore if the INF is ok,

Thank's

Bez.