LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony SZ1HP/B, Go 7400 128MB and Vista

Guest Andy Earnshaw

Guest Andy Earnshaw

Right, this is doing my head in now!

Basically, i've got a sony SZ1HP that i run windows vista on. It has a turbo cache 7400 supporting 128MB but in performance rating it's only showing as 64MB. on XP, before i upgraded it showed as 128MB, and when i uninstalled the drivers (and it changed it to VGASave) it showed as being an NVidia chipset with 128MB.

So i tried downloading your forceware drivers, but they didn't make any difference :\

Anyone know what i can do? I've looked in the BIOS (i'm a PC Technician, and i know that a lot of machines with shared video ram have options in the bios), but couldn't find any settings there.

Cheers,

Andy

AFAIK TurboCache RAM sharing can't be tweaked like AGP Aperture *giggles* in the BIOS.

EDIT: it's possible that the base Vista driver only uses the onboard 64Mb... and that you need a full driver to access the TurboCache memory.

Edited by Fabrice Roux