LaptopVideo2Go Forums

vprmatrix working with vista beta 2 default drivers

michelangelo

hey there all, wow, its been a long time!

i havent used my vpr matrix in so long, but i got the vista beta and decided to try it out. after much reading and rebooting, i finally got the native resolution (1280x854) from the drivers that come with vista beta 2.

to be honest, i am not sure what did it since i tried a couple of things before rebooting (sorry, should have been more methodical).

after having vista find the drivers for the geforce4 420 go, it was not displaying in 1280x854, so i futzed with some registry entries (in the currentcontrol set, i found all the monitors and set them to the right display resolution) but in the end, this is what i did:

go to the device manager, select your display adapter (you should have installed the vista 420 go drivers) then right click on the adapter and select update.

now, tell vista that you want to browse your computer for the drivers, then tell it you want to pick from a list of drivers on your computer, then uncheck show compatible hardware. if your system is like mine, you will see several 420 go drivers. i just went through each one until i booted with the right resolution. i think that is what did it (none of the other registry stuff i did).

good luck