LaptopVideo2Go Forums

poor fps with half life: Episode one

bigben77

I am experiencing very poor frame rate and I have the graphics set very low. Does anyone know of a stable driver that will run HL: Episode One any better. I am currently running 84.21

Can you give your half life internal benchmark results?

Do you mean the utility in counterstrike source, and by the way I mean HL2: Episode One just to clarify.

I also think that my current driver may not handle HDR very well.

Yes I meant the half life internal benchmark that you can access with HL2 or any official mod. And probably Episode One.

I used an older driver for a long time without facing any HDR issue... beside the huge frame rate drop which is normal. cs-militia was probably the worst map.

I'm really just wondering if anyone has a newer driver thats works well.

• 4 weeks later...

hmm... O_O i've never heard of this problem before... my computer was able to run HL2 quite smoothly, but i finished EP1 on my desktop so i'm not sure how that would've gone on my 5200. Try turning off HDR and see how that goes?