LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ATI SM Bus Driver for Vista B2 5456

Jedi

Hello was wondering if anyone could help me find newer (beta) drivers for ATI chipset or Video Drivers.

Recently I have installed the Vista Beta 2 CPP and it ran like crap.. very slow IE 7 and other driver issues. So just installed Build 5456 and it is running much better. I am still having a Video problem on my laptop Toshiba P35 17" (Widescreen). With this new build I ran WU and it found the SM Bus Driver Update to 5.10.1000.6 and downloaded the newest ati Vista Beta 2 driver I could find ati_LH_RC0_32.exe 5/23/2006.

ENU control center 2.0.0.0

ATI Display Driver 8.26.0.0

Yet I still after uninstalling / reinstalling get a "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" error. and my screen res is limited to max 1024 x 768 non wide screen.

Called Toshiba and they would not tell me about any beta drivers being released and directed me to ATI instead.

Next question is if its possible to swap to an Nvidia gfx card? I would like to get somthing better at least 128MB card in my lappy but I doubt this is possible since the mobotherboard chipset is ati.

Thanks,

-Matt

• 2 months later...

This is not a Vista support forum for ATI chipsets... but if you ask in the proper place you'll get these answers:

1) Install Vista RC1 !!!

2) Vista is not final so wait for ATI to deliver a proper driver.

• 5 weeks later...
This is not a Vista support forum for ATI chipsets... but if you ask in the proper place you'll get these answers:

1) Install Vista RC1 !!!

2) Vista is not final so wait for ATI to deliver a proper driver.

First of all I know this is not an ATI support form and you guys mainly deal with nVidia, but I also think that many Nvidia mobile users are also having this problem.

1. Installed Vista RC2 and via a Windows update there is now the SMBus driver provided and when installed it is working. However In device manager it is still listed as error code 43. Even with the RC1 drivers from ATI site.

2. I'll keep waiting but seems this will be going RTM without a fix. :) stupid ATI wish they would get on the ball.

Nvidia just released there RC2 drivers but still no mobile support! are there any hacked drivers floating around that I can get? or that nvidia video based laptops can get?

Thanks,

-Matt