LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for FS M3438G to resolve 'agds.exe' error

Guest Richard

Guest Richard

Wonder if anyone can help me with this one. My girlfriend recently bought a game called 'The Black Mirror', but after successfull install it won't run, an error about 'agds.exe has encountered a problem' is displayed.

Various reading on the net has lead me to believe it is my nvidia driver causing the problem. I have a fujitsu-siemens Amilo M3438G and my driver version was (Geforce Go 6800) 72.50. I tried updating to 83.90 which worked fine but the game still won't run. It seems I actually need to go to an older driver, but I don't know which one or what side-effects that may cause.

Incidentally, other users with problems with this game suggested uninstalling windows sp2 but i'm not keen on doing that. Also i've got directx 9.0 so that's shouldn't be the problem either.

Can anyone offer any advice? We're now playing the game on my old Dell desktop P3 700mhz, which is working quite happily buy was just about to dump that computer and really want to play it on the laptop!

Cheers

Richard.

Wonder if anyone can help me with this one. My girlfriend recently bought a game called 'The Black Mirror', but after successfull install it won't run, an error about 'agds.exe has encountered a problem' is displayed.

Something from here might help

http://spacetarget.com/games/pc_the_black_mirror.shtml