LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Any score for Geforce go 7900?

tortoise1810

I'm very interested in Gateway M860XL which has Geforce go 7900.

Can anyone provide me a rough score for a video card like that?

Read my System Informations on the left ! :)

TY very much!

However, I think Gateway NX860XL is using Geforce go 7900 as their GPU not 7900GTX..

Hey tortoise1810, I'm getting a laptop tomorrow that has a 7900 GS. I'll be sure to post some scores for ya (ASAP).

Edited by SolidBladez

Futuremark ORB: 3 first for go7900GS so far - perhaps the 3rd is believable...

3DMark05 : 10100, 8600, 8200

3DMark06: 4900, 4100, 3500

didn't check the clocks etc.

Hi Zipper !

I dont know the rest of ur system or neaver ur 3dsettings but with the 7900Gs a score with 6300 is more realistic !!! I will give u two links where u can see the scores for the 7900GS-GTX. Plz change the language of the page to english.

7900gs -> http://www.notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-GeForc...0-GS.846.0.html

7900gtx-> http://www.notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-GeForc...-GTX.847.0.html

If its possible plz tell us ur systemspecs. maybe the high score results from the other components in ur Lapy !

Here a Benshmarklist of Mobile Grphic Cards for u all.

http://www.notebookcheck.com/Mobile-Grafik...iste.735.0.html

It is unsorted so dont think the first card is the best in the list !

Thx and cya all ... :)

Edited by Greeny

Hi Zipper !

I dont know the rest of ur system or neaver ur 3dsettings but with the 7900Gs a score with 6300 is more realistic !!!

So you seem not to know what Futuremark ORB is? A site mostly for crazy overclockers to publicize their superior 3DMark results:

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/index.jsp

A site mostly for crazy overclockers to publicize their superior 3DMark results

In french we have an expression for that: "Pisser dans un violon"... which means "Peeing in a viola".

Pissing contest big time. :)

So you seem not to know what Futuremark ORB is? A site mostly for crazy overclockers to publicize their superior 3DMark results.

I know what Futuremark is!!! The results of some Overclockers are unrealistic and no messurment of any kind!

Et Fabrice cest exactement ca !

Thx zippy 4 ur comment... :)

Edited by Greeny

I know what Futuremark is!!! The results of some Overclockers are unrealistic and no messurment of any kind!

When you ditch the overclocked results you can get some useful info between different hardware combinations and their relative performance.

Ok Zippy... Maybe it is ur job to test notebooks until they gone up in smoke ! But for normal people and users like me there is no use to run a notebook at it´s highest clock until it melts down! It is true that for a few testers it might be important to do so. :)

• 2 months later...

I have the nvidia go 7900gs on my dell e1705 laptop with 2GB DDR memory and a T2500 processor and the 3dmark06 gave me scores around 3500 with the new 92.91 driver

I have the nvidia go 7900gs on my dell e1705 laptop with 2GB DDR memory and a T2500 processor and the 3dmark06 gave me scores around 3500 with the new 92.91 driver

Sounds about right. I got 4170 with 450/1200. I used the 84.37. I haven't tested out the 90 series yet.

hello guys, just bought a dell 9400 with a go7900gs, whish forceware should you recomended ? i want the most stable one, and ofcourse unlock the core/memory freq.

91.47 or 91.48...Your choice.

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

one thing im wondering about is;

let say a go7900gs holds for 3 years and have a temp on 67 C all time long,

does then a overclocked go7900gs BUT with the same temp (67 C) all time long , HOLDS for 3 years ?

hope you understand.

can be nice to understand because im going to have this laptop some years, and OC the videocard a little bit.

maybe a OC videocard brokes earlier, even that the temp is fine, i dont know.

STOP PMing me questions you already posted....One more time and I swear ill gouge your eyes out!

STOP PMing me questions you already posted....One more time and I swear ill gouge your eyes out!

It feels good not to be alone receiving pointless PM from the swedish guy.

jesus christ, whats wrong with you guys. if you think it so F(&^*** bad, i stop.

ps. you dont have to comment this, i know your answer anyway.

....If you post something here, Of course we're going to see it. I read over most of the posts here anyway so don't worry about it. And if we didn't answer you, then you could've PMed us.

Have a look here for all your questions answered

How do you unlock a dell motherboard and memory, please this is my first time, anyhelp i will appriciate, even the most basic things.

:)

Overclocking to achieve higher 3Dmark scores is pointless, unless the only thing you do with your computer is run 3Dmark over and over again. It is a well known fact that Nvidia enables application specific optimizations in order to achieve a higher score in 3Dmark (cheating basically). I'm reminded of a trend on car modding that has become popular in the U.S. A car modding enthusiast purchases a car for $3000 and spends $15,000 on enhancements that lower the value of the car to less than $1000. Its the Chewbacca defense, it doesn't make sense!

Pimp my ride yo! I'll sell you $15,000 of crap that you can install on a car that is only worth $2000. Brilliant!!!

Edited by Lych

How do you unlock a dell motherboard and memory, please this is my first time, anyhelp i will appriciate, even the most basic things.

here you have the best guide for Dell 9400, go7900gs, ........ (have the same laptop like you, and it really worked):

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=64385

Edited by mattias