Need Serious Help - Nvidia Geforce FX Go5200

Guest Ken

System Details:

Toshiba Satellite P25-S526

3.2ghz P4

80 GB Memory

1GB DDR RAM

Nvidia Geforce FX Go5200 video card

I'm having some serious problems with the speed of my computer after installing a driver reffered by a forum member (53.03). The computer is three times as slow as it was before I downloaded the driver. I've been reading your forum posts for two hours and I guess I'm stumped by the logic of the whole process. I came to the forum looking for improved performance with my system after I recently bought Doom 3 to toy around with. A guy at CompUSA told that I may need to update my drivers and here I am. I just download a driver and I have no clue how to get rid of and go back to my original settings.

If anyone could help me determine how to erase the driver that I just installed it would be deeply appreciated. I need this laptop for work and I cannot have it working so slow! Or if anyone has a suggestion to what driver to download for this particular graphics card it would help alot. thanks

Go to the Toshiba website and download the latest driver for your graphic card.

Please in the future... install the game and update your driver ONLY if you run into issues.

Thanks for your help!

Obviously I'm new to this and I'm hoping you could suggest some mods for me. I've already begun my research in your forums and I don't need for you to tell me HOW.

I have:

Toshiba Satellite P25-S526

1024 RAM

80GB HD

3.2ghz P4

Nvidia Geforce Go 5200

Realtek Audio

I played Call of Duty with no problem but my system is too slow for Doom 3 that I just purchased, even though my specs were listed on the box.

I'm looking for suggestions on:

BIOS?

Driver?

Thanks for your help!

In the Games Forum section is a pinned thread about which driver to use.