LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Computer Frooze in Install During Hard Disk Install

Big Tymer

I noticed that you were the man to talk to you and I need help badly. I am new to the updating my drivers and would like to see performance enhancement from my Nvidia Geforce Go5200.

I've been reading the FAQ's in detail and I've figured how to download the updated drivers and copy them into a seperate folder. I then copy it into Nvidia's most recent release and tried the "Hard Disk" method.

PROBLEM - I browsed the folder the driver was located in and selected it. Directly thereafter I got a pop up saying this:

Setup cannot copy the file nvmccss.dll

Ensure that the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert "NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Driver Library Install Disk 1 in the drive you specify.

= The screen is now stuck in the installation and I cannot cancel the install at this point.

Where did I go wrong and how can I resolve this issue? I dont want to shut down the laptop or cancel the install unless I know the computer will be alright.

I was attempting to add the most recent release. I've been having performance issues with Doom 3 and a guy at CompUSA said I should download the most recent drivers and here I am.

Please help me understand, it would be deeply appreciated.

I noticed that you were the man to talk to you and I need help badly. I am new to the updating my drivers and would like to see performance enhancement from my Nvidia Geforce Go5200.

I've been reading the FAQ's in detail and I've figured how to download the updated drivers and copy them into a seperate folder. I then copy it into Nvidia's most recent release and tried the "Hard Disk" method.

PROBLEM - I browsed the folder the driver was located in and selected it. Directly thereafter I got a pop up saying this:

Setup cannot copy the file nvmccss.dll

Ensure that the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert "NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Driver Library Install Disk 1 in the drive you specify.

= The screen is now stuck in the installation and I cannot cancel the install at this point.

Where did I go wrong and how can I resolve this issue? I dont want to shut down the laptop or cancel the install unless I know the computer will be alright.

I was attempting to add the most recent release. I've been having performance issues with Doom 3 and a guy at CompUSA said I should download the most recent drivers and here I am.

Please help me understand, it would be deeply appreciated.

i'm not an expert or anything, but, i suggest that you just download the drivers you want, and the modded .inf file for that driver, extract the files to wherever on your hard drive...preferably, puting them in a folder on your destop isn't a bad idea......then copy the .inf file you downloaded for that driver, and put it in the same folder as the drivers you just downloaded and extracted to your destop.........open that same folder, and run the setup.exe file.........should work that way............that's how i install all my drivers from this site :) :)