LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio Go7600 Probs...

P4Power

My friend has a Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV650 with a Go7600 256MB and I recently had him upgrade to 91.33 and he is having intermittent hibernation problems. I used Driver Cleaner and went by the book. It will hibernate occasionally and always hibernated with 87.25 from LV2G. This is really bugging me, I have a XPS with a Go7400 and it works perfectly with 91.33.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Also, my Go7400 has temperature monitoring and his Go7600 does not. Why would the 74 have it and not the 76?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by P4Power

Tell him to stick with whatever official came with his laptop... but if he wants most of the features stick with something around 84.25. It's unlikely than the 91.33 bring a lot of new features. In fact between the new panel and the rest... more issues are likely to popup.

Since you have a Dell try I8kFanGUI to monitor your temperatures.

Also updating any outdated 'Toshiba Common Modules' is a good idea.

...and use latest XP kernel (see NEWS thread) :)

He upgraded to the latest Toshiba Common Modules and latest kernel from the news page and it still does not work. Any more ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Report the hibernation issue (of course using Toshiba approved standard delivery driver) to TOSHiBA Support. It's likely they release an updated BIOS as seen in the past.