LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Synaptics v8.3.5 is out

®®®

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 8.3.5 05/25/2006 (Win9x&ME/WinNT/Win2K/WinXP)

Bug Fixes

-Added DisableKey and EnableKey settings to an existing PNP ID per

an OEMs' request.

-Fixed an issue where "Collect Diagnostics" did not work on Windows

Vista Build 5365.

-Added a message box to display an appropriate message if the diagnostic

data could not be saved when the user presses the "Collect Diagnostics"

button on the Diagnostics page.

-Added new PnP IDs and their associated settings for multiple OEM customers.

-Added "WinVista" to the Diagnostic page so that we will get the correct

OS displayed.

More information about all other v8.x.x releases in the attached Changelog.

http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/syna..._v8.3.5_eng.exe

Release.txt

sn0wl, while the Release Note attached in the above post are only valid from v8.3.5 to 8.0.0.... GUESS WHAT??? Probably i found your Holy Grail :) namely the Synaptics Release Notes from 7.13.1 to 7.0.0 :)

Release.txt

*gets a print-out to read while lying on the sofa*

Rene so much information in here! Do you see they even had a title named 'cPad changes'! And there seems to be a 7.5.18 release, I wonder where we can get our hands on it ...

And right, we SHOULD email Synaptics ...

Look a changelog -> -For cPad, added the ability to change the backlight timeout. (7.4.1)

Latest version that mentions cPad is 7.8.8 which says : -Added version information to cPad AlarmWatcher module. Also change the version checking back on AlarmWatcher in setup script. But didn't we experiance no cPad feature after 7.5? Can there be an updated cPad application pack?

Soo many questions...

Too much assumptions on our side.

I also had a search for cPad and was astonished how often it was mentioned :P Synaptics was great at bugfixing. They put alot of effort to let their devices work bugfree it seems now after 2 years.

I will have a look in the next months for the 7.5.18 release. I saw a couple of 7.x.x releases in different OEM archives :) , now that i know to look for an specific old release it will be more fun browsing around.

I always was on the hunt for an updated cPad application pack, BUT i never found a more recent release than the ONLY one that exists so far, and that one i posted :)

is this worth using???

i have Synaptics Touchpad Driver (V8.1.2) installed...

thanx guys

Read this.

sn0wl, did you see that?

Version 8.3.0 04/28/2006 (Win9x&ME/WinNT/Win2K/WinXP)

New Features

-Added support for 120 DPI scaling in the control panel.

Bug Fixes

-Fixed a bug to handle multiple scroll bars on the same window. Also,

added a new program-specific flag in the scrolling database to not

terminate scrolling at end of the scrollbar.

-Enabled the control panel scaling feature for an OEM customer.

-Added the registry setting to the INF file to disable redetect of

pass through devices on resume for a specific OEM customer.

-Fix syntax error on a customer INF file.

-Retired some OEM INI files.

-Removed all the Readme.txt files from the Distribution.

-Added three new PNP Ids and requested settings for OEM customers.

-Add wallpaper updates when exit for cPad.

-Fixed the cPad setup so it works correctly.

-Modified settings for a PNP Id for a customer.

-Updated a customer specific PNG file for their custom UI.

Just saw that... Apparantly they must not have dropped support for cPad in the 8.x.x series :)

cPad is supported, no doubt. Remember how my very first cPadClock application didn't work before updating your drivers? The problem is original cPad applications are not supported. They changed something in API/COM (and you can read that in changelog) that somehow conflicts with original applications, something to do with 'acquiring' the cPad (SynTPEnh.exe acquires it). Do you remember even main cPad screen for original apps are provided by SynTPEnh.exe? So that is the point, there is something changed in SynTPEnh that breaks it. For old SynTPEnh there is a registry tweak something like 'Enable cPad' which is somehow still there with the new versions but does nothing. I think original cPad features are still in SynTPEnh but broken due to other changes made. Or maybe it needs further modding.

Nevertheless, it's very wierd 8.3.0 mentions 'wallpaper' for cPad :) So is it somehow supposed to work?

i just found 7.13.2 :) (changelog above is only 7.13.1 - 7.0.0)

I just enabled scrolling zone pictures in 8.3.4, further looking if I can enable other stuff as well.

Nope I couldn't make old applications work. However if you are not willing to use them, 8.3.4 works great with cPax itself. Also while monkeying around I saw some button configurations for Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Stop the Media Player ... New drivers have media playing capabilities? OEM's can add media playing functionalities to touchpad? It can also (probably) be one of the features of Synaptics DualMode.

sounds great will give it a try. So you recommend 8.3.4. ? Have you tried 8.3.5?

I will now install 8.3.5 but doubt will make significant difference. cPax without legacy support should work. I wish we could find some more info on this media play thing.

Anyway cPax over 8.3.5 works nicely, everything smooth so far like virtual scrolling.

Arg Rene be careful with the driver pack you uploaded, I double clicked and extracted on desktop resulting all files scattered there, not creating its own folder!

Hmm it seems like it is not generic.

stuck it in today with no issues...

so far so good...

I found 7.5.12 (still searching for 7.5.18). You wanna try out?

Download the complete folder, as this is not packed aka a MESS

ftp://download.gericom.com/notebook/Block.../TOUCHPAD/WinXP

I hope you can find 18, downloading 12 right now. No response from Synaptics yet. I don't think they even care to say NO.