LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers Dell XPS Gen 2

SuperGixxer

Hi, I'm new here so i spent some time looking around and i sure enjoy it. My Q that got me here is that Dell are very poor on supplying drivers for my Go 6800 ultra card (78.11). As i understand i can pretty much choose any NV driver and just use a modified inf and then it should work. However i noticed that a moderator tipped one guy that he should use Dells inf file instead. Is that what i should do? Basically i want a nice driver for CS and Battlefield and i want a newer one then what Dell offers. Any help would be geatly appreciated.

First of all you can give the Optimal driver FAQ a read. You'll see that you'll need a driver higher that 81.98 since it fixed some issues with Battlefield 2. My advise is to go for 84.25 since it has a lot to offer.

If you need the battery saving PowerMizer modes you might have to try the 84.63.

First of all you can give the Optimal driver FAQ a read. You'll see that you'll need a driver higher that 81.98 since it fixed some issues with Battlefield 2. My advise is to go for 84.25 since it has a lot to offer.

If you need the battery saving PowerMizer modes you might have to try the 84.63.

Well i sure did read the FAQ about the optimal driver. But if you read through my Q it did also, or mainly concern what inf to use. As i wrote, one moderator in some thread wrote that one should use the dell inf. And that is what i would like to get an answer about. Should i use the dell inf or should i use the modified inf? I'm no to this that's why i'm here!

In order to be able to use the manufacturer INF... you need an old same family driver... unfortunatly for you Dell last driver for the 6800 Ultra is the 78.51 So you can't use the Dell 70 family INF on a 80 or 90 family driver.

You might want to try the 84.69 with his modded INF.

In order to be able to use the manufacturer INF... you need an old same family driver... unfortunatly for you Dell last driver for the 6800 Ultra is the 78.51 So you can't use the Dell 70 family INF on a 80 or 90 family driver.

You might want to try the 84.69 with his modded INF.

I'll try that one, thanks for a fast answer and your help