Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

New Control Panel: True

Comments

Original INF only supports:
  • NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0293.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7900/7950 GX2"
  • NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0294.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2"

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_quad_beta.html

This driver is a Beta driver that enables Quad NVIDIA SLI technology, allowing you to put two GeForce 7950 GX2 graphics cards in a single system with an NVIDIA nForce SLI motherboard. This driver is strictly for end user Beta testing with two GeForce 7950 GX2 graphics cards only and is not intended for production.

Documents

No documents.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current) @ Inspirion 5150
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current) @ Area 51-M 766
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - 82.10) @ ACER 1714
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current) @ VGN-FS115M
  • GeForce Go 6600: HERE from Mr.G (v84.25 - current) @ Qosmio F20-149
  • GeForce Go 6600: HERE from Heazky (v71.90 - current) @ Tecra S2
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from zipper (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 4438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current) @ D900T

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

EDIT: The URL to the SLIZone was wrong. Fabrice

let's hope all the major bugs are fixed... if anyone gives these a try on a notebook w/ a 6800 ultra please post if the error message that pops up upon shut down is gone or not

Edited by psychoff

Woohoo this driver add the QUAD SLI... if I install it on my laptop will it boost my fps 4 times? :)

INF not found! :)

DLing now, INF should be up later.

Use one of the other 91.3x INF for this driver,should work just fine :)

Alas, work gets in the way :)

so this is basically useless to us without 2 gpu's correct? :)

Woohoo this driver add the QUAD SLI... if I install it on my laptop will it boost my fps 4 times? :P

LOL, Don't We All Wish It Would :( :(

//Merged, cut out the double posting and Prey Bashing :)

Edited by Bill

Taking rest of day off work so you guys can have a modded INF :)

Done and uploaded, go wild, lots of feedback on you guys with Quad SLI laptops :)

Guest Guest

All I can say is that it works with my GeForce 7900GT (desktop). Plus, now I can set the refresh rate to 75Hz instead of 60Hz on my ACER AL1916W (1440*900). Very good driver, tested with Oblivion, and the 75Hz isn't fake (verified with VSync on and Fraps). Thanks a lot !

Moonly.

lol bill, i'm not bashin prey, just being honest, but it's actually more addicting than doom or quake 4 :(

btw, i tried installing these drivers and got the blue screen, saying the _mini_ file caused a serious error and shut down to protect pc.... :) :) :P

so this is basically useless to us without 2 gpu's correct? :)

From the SLIZone:

This driver is strictly for end user Beta testing with two GeForce 7950 GX2 graphics cards only and is not intended for production.
Shove 2 Geforce 7950 GX2 in your laptop... I'll come to your place to install the driver for you.
All I can say is that it works with my GeForce 7900GT (desktop). Plus, now I can set the refresh rate to 75Hz instead of 60Hz on my ACER AL1916W (1440*900). Very good driver, tested with Oblivion, and the 75Hz isn't fake (verified with VSync on and Fraps).

You monitor allows to reach 76Hz at its native resolution... either it was reporting it's refresh rates not accurately or nVidia locked the refresh rate at 60 for all custom res. Which is REALLY strange my current driver 84.30 allows even higher refresh rates at this resolution.

Product Description

ACER AL1916W SLV 19" WIDESCREEN LCD

Display Size: 19" Wide (408x255mm), Dot Pitch: 0.284mm, Resolution: 1440 x 900, Brightness: 300 cd/m, Contrast Ratio: 500:1, Max. Refresh Rate: 1440x900@76Hz, Viewing Angle: 150 (H), 130 (V), Response time: 8ms, Input signal: VGA (Analog D-Sub), Power Adapter: Internal, Power consumption: 60W, Dimensions (WxHxD mm): 462 x 385 x 180, Weight: 4.3kg, Kensington Lock: supported, VESA wall Mounting: 75 x 75 mm, 3 Years Warranty.

Guest Guest

/!\ French language :

Fabrice, j'étais avec les 91.33 avant, et ceux-ci ne m'autorisaient que 59 ou 60Hz, surement, comme tu le soulignes, à cause de sa résolution peu orthodoxe, même à l'heure actuelle. Je fais toujours tourner l'écran en 144*900, sa résolution native, pour obtenir la meilleur image possible. Cela dit, je trouve ça étonnant que les 91.37, avec l'INF moddé, me permettent d'aller à 75Hz (ce que j'ai vérifié dans le menu de l'écran, dans les jeux etc.).

Quoi qu'il en soit, je ne vais pas me plaindre surtout si mon écran est effectivement conçu pour tourner à cette fréquence. Merci de tes renseignements et désolé du mini HS.

Moonly.

BSOD during install - Amilo 4438/go6800.

/!\ French language :

Quoi qu'il en soit, je ne vais pas me plaindre surtout si mon écran est effectivement conçu pour tourner à cette fréquence. Merci de tes renseignements et désolé du mini HS.

Given the LCD technology I doubt that you'll have some kind of benefit of using 75Hz instead of 60Hz. The high refresh rates on CRT were used for confort. Otherwise the scan line will give you a headache. On a LCD you can works for hours at 60Hz without eye strain... unless you don't use your screen at his native resolution.

In fact there are more downsides in using higher refresh rates... you lose some performance in games since the there are more memory access per second to display the image.

Guest Guest
BSOD during first restart after install - Amilo 3438/go6800.

Got a BSOF, too. But that's my fault at all, this driver was made ONLY for DUAL-GPU-Systems.

spyro

Driver was not made for, but should only be tested on Dual 5750GX2 systems and will probably be optimized for it. The driver is always UDA :)

Installed these on a Sony Vaio VGN-S5VP with 6400 NVidia with 256Mb (Achived because I have 2GB memory, otherwise it would be 128Mb)

3DMark achieved 1117 or 1160 when overclocked.

9131 got 1106 and 8708 got 1105 so good improvements.

3DMark05 crashed until I changed the settings from Quality to Performance.

I've been wondering. I have a Toshiba Laptop with a Nvidia FX GO 5200. Acording to the general advice, i stopped trying the 90 series drivers and actually i'm using 84.25. The reason i did this was because sometimes, when changing resolutions with a 90 driver, the image went black and freezed. No BSOD, nothing, just black. So i went to the 84.25. The thing is, when i play a video (got VMR activated) i clearly see kind of a "splitting" image on my screen, like if it was a crack. I'm sure is not my LCD display cause in other circunstances it doesn't happen. And as long as i can recall, that didn't happen with 90's drivers. Any suggestions? Does this one will do the trick? Thanks.

Can you define "splitting image"... and does is occur with all your video players?

Have you tried VMR off? If you use Media Player Classic try to change the output rendering mode.

On some 1080p Quicktime 7 movies I see an horizontal split due to poor Quicktime sync. The same movie played with Nero is PERFECT.

Aha stupid VMR syndrome. Disable VMR in nVidia control panel in video overlay settings pane.

He probably means diagonal line that appears from top felt to bottom right. Exactly what happens to me as well. Just go disable VMR.

Diagonal spliting... LOL I didn't know it can even happen.

Aha stupid VMR syndrome. Disable VMR in nVidia control panel in video overlay settings pane.

He probably means diagonal line that appears from top felt to bottom right. Exactly what happens to me as well. Just go disable VMR.

Yeah, it's something like this (obviously, i cannot take a pic). So it's just VMR? Dang. Any suggestions for a good output with MPC?

So, what about the other prob? Should i try the 90's series or stick to what it works? Thanks for your help!

post-3997-1153553898_thumb.gif

Haha nice picture exactly it is how the problem is. Anyway like suggested above disable VMR option in conrol panel and it should be fixed. 90 series are all beta so if you happen to feel something that is not right, go down with 84.25 or something. Otherwise no problem using them.