LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v91.37 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

Stick with what works... since you have a 5200 there is little reason to use 8x.xx featurewise. Once you have a driver that works for you STICK with it.

I would not advise the 90.xx to anyone but 7x00 users on desktops. I use the 84.25 on my desktop computer with a 7600 GT.

Hi,

Im new here and really need some help. I've posted this same questions in other sites but couldnt get the answers. I understand that Im not talking aobut laptops but hope your knowledge could help me.

I have a HTPC that is connected to a plasma TV and a projector. My card is a Gigabyte Gforce 6600 (128), 91.37 Nvidia driver.

1.- The plasma is connected to the card thru the mini-din / component cables. Problem is that I cant get the correct colors, I have a greenish tint that I can't get rid of it (the yellows looks green), is like having one of the component cables unpluged. I've tried several things and nothing works, but what is more important for you to know is that this problem is not hardware related: if I unistall the driver and just let the computer works, the monitor colors return back to normal. When the projector works with this monitor as a "clone" , the colors in the projector are correct.

2.- Another problem is that I can't find the correct resolution of my plasma n the drivers resolution. Im talking about 1240x698. Is there any way that I can add this option?

Thanks in advance for all you help with this matter.

Jorge

When you want to feed such resolution to a TV you need to use the DVI/HMDI (or VGA) connector. AFAIR the TV-out chips send a standard resolution in 4/3 aspect ratio.

For doing those TV-out testing don't use the LATEST DRIVER TO DATE. This driver is meant to be used by nvidia beta tester of QUAD SLI. (desktops with 2 Geforce 7950)

So fall back to the latest driver known to be a reference... which is the 84.21 or 84.25. Get it from the Windows XP driver archive.

Get a Bluescreen.Something like "nv4.mini.sys".. try other driver....

SERIOUSLY GUYS FOR PITY SAKE COULD YOU PLEASE STOP USING THIS DRIVER!!!!

For the guy with the Dell Inspiron 9400... Dell released a nice driver for your graphic card 84.69. It features EVERY single thing you'll need for your graphic card. Go to Dell support site, download the driver AND KEEP IT UNTIL YOU FACE AN ISSUE.

Agreed! (couldn't get it to work - if booted on VGA and changed to 32bit and then tried 3D => immediate BSOD again.

Zipper you known your way around drivers... so I'm not worried about you. I worry about John Doe that just follow the bandwagon of believers "I have the highest driver version therefore I have the best driver".

Thanks for your comments. I nistall the new driver and returned to the 84.21 but . . .its the problem remains (?). I still have the greenish color (what is suppose to be yellow is green). When I returned to this driver and restarted the computer, colors are right, but resolution was 800x600, as soon as I apply 1280x720 the same problem arrises but this time if I retunr to 800x600 the problem with the color still remains. Maybe this comment could help. any ideas?

Let me rephrase what I understood... you plugged your widescreen plasma to your desktop HTPC which has a GeForce 6600 graphic card. You used the SVideo cable. And you wish to achieve a good quality image in the native resolution of your plasma: 1240x698.

As I told you before... the SVideo outputs a NTSC or PAL signal. The main version give the following resolutions respectively: 720x480 @60Hz and 720x576 @50Hz.

So outputing the PC resolution of 1280x720 is way beyond what the SVideo can accept. If fact you are lucky that the GPU converts such a high resolution into a standard video signal. Being that extreme has a couple of side effects: extreme loss of resolution and color issues.

To get a "perfect" image you have to use a hidef port... VGA or DVI or HDMI. PERIOD

added NOT RECOMMENDED comment

lol, from the time the post said "for dual gpu's" it was doomed to show that mostly almost everyone that installed it on a single gpu rig was gonna have problems.....sorta Moo Point there :) :)

ive swicthed back to V91.33 and its running well..

i tried V84.26 and 84.25 (like fabrice mentioned) but i found that some games movies run better with the 91.33. maybe its in my head..hahaha

ive swicthed back to V91.33 and its running well..

i tried V84.26 and 84.25 (like fabrice mentioned) but i found that some games movies run better with the 91.33. maybe its in my head..hahaha

From your avatar... I understand that a "game movie" is a movie with interaction... so with 91.33 you get a better interaction when watching p***. who13 using his laptop :) *guess where is my right hand*

I'm not saying that 91.xx are bad drivers... even if they don't add specific optimizations on games there is still IMHO more arm than good from this driver serie. While the 84.25 is a known good performer... which still has side effects.

let's hope all the major bugs are fixed... if anyone gives these a try on a notebook w/ a 6800 ultra please post if the error message that pops up upon shut down is gone or not

Error msg is still there. At the end of the install my laptop produces the blue screen and then reboots. This is on a dell xps m170 with a 6800 ultra.

Will this driver work for older cards such as the Geforce 4 Go 420?

Buddy check the driver title:

"v91.37 | 32bit | NV, DriverVer = 2006-07-17, 9.1.3.7 / New CP / _NOT_ RECOMMENDED !"

Will this driver work for older cards such as the Geforce 4 Go 420?

why would you want to upgrade your old crappy mx card with a 9x.xx driver ?

you wont get any boost of performance doing so, only problems

delete from inf:

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",NvCplEnableHDMIColorRange, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\NVControlPanel\Client",CustomViewDisabled, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\NVControlPanel\Client",EditingDisabled, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\NVControlPanel\Client",PrintingDisabled, %REG_DWORD%, 0

and .....work!

Edited by netCipher