LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Wrong Version Installing 91.31

Death Sheep

I've been trying to install the 91.31 drivers. Everything seems to go smoothly (using the Have Disk... method), but when I check the version, it says I have the 54.01 drivers. I've uninstalled the driver and removed every NVIDIA file I could find, including all older installation folders, so all I should have available is 91.31. I point the installer to the directory with the modded INF, and yet somehow the same older driver is getting installed. If I browse to the System32 directory, the NVIDIA files installed are all dated 2004, but in the source directory they are all dated 2006.

My system is an HP Pavilion ZD7000 with a GeForce Go5600.

Thanks!

I haven't seen anything in the FAQ about this. Any ideas why this driver is not installing properly?

Since you try to do a giant leap... uninstall your current driver. (Add/Remove programs) Reboot. Then install the 91.31 using the Setup.

You need to replace the original INF of 91.31 with Pieter's mobile INF for that version, then use the Have Disk method to install.