LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v95.61 VISTA 32bit | VISTA 5472

Computer Potato

Well...

I have installed the 95.61 drivers and modified inf file (glass effect works like a dream) on the public BETA 2 that I have installed and have spent the last few days fighting with Vista in the hope that it will behave and allocated 128MB to the graphics card instead of the measly 32MB that comes dedicated on the card.

As you might guess - I haven?t had any luck :)

I'm guessing at this point that the TurboCache feature of the GeForce Go 2600 isn't yet implemented in the driver, I will have to clunk along with what I have until Nvidea do produce the correct drivers.

As a final thought, would anyone have any further ideas (or fixes/tweaks) in relation to this (or maybe a sledge hammer so I can beat the c$~p out of my laptop).

Thanks Andy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabrice Roux

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• Computer Potato

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a final thought, would anyone have any further ideas (or fixes/tweaks) in relation to this (or maybe a sledge hammer so I can beat the c$~p out of my laptop).

Use a reliable OS... like Windows XP...

@fabrice...

you still recommend the V84.25,84.26 driver with our card???

just checking...

thanx mate

@fabrice...

you still recommend the V84.25,84.26 driver with our card???

I recommend something above and near 84.25... the ideal driver coming from the OEM that made the laptop. Otherwise go for modded 84.25.

The 9x.xx serie as yet to prove it add something... (don't talk about Sedona new control panel or I'll send Zinedine Zidane to headbutt you)

I recommend something above and near 84.25... the ideal driver coming from the OEM that made the laptop. Otherwise go for modded 84.25.

The 9x.xx serie as yet to prove it add something... (don't talk about Sedona new control panel or I'll send Zinedine Zidane to headbutt you)

ok mate.... :P

i still have my 91.33 installed with no issues as of yet...(no headbutt please... :) )

but i do have my 84.26 on standby..hehehe

when i had the 84.26 and 84.25 installed all was fine but i did notice some "lines" in the screen when trying some games (titan quest is a example..during the games intro movie) with 91.33 there wasnt any...

i dont know if its the diver or it was the krypto..hahaha :)

have you given that driver a go??

cheers mate :(

Hi everyone - here goes the first post.

After installing Vista 5472 I checked in Device Manager and the nVidia drivers were there installed but code 43 not working. I tried installing the drivers here - but I guess I need a custom INF for my Amilio M 3438G laptop? Has anyone got it working? I remember in the good old days (Vista beta 1) that there were drivers (don't ask which version) which worked fine at native resolution for me.

Thanks.

When RC1 will be available, if this issue with FS M3438 is still here, I will send another e-mails to Nvidia. They say on their site that the GeForce GO 6800 is vista ready, so they must support all of them. And I'm sure they know the driver issue of FS M3438/M4438.

When your car has a bug around the ABS... do you complain at the car manufacturer or directly at Bosch that makes the ABS core logic?

If you want to be productive... call Fujisu Siemens.

The desktop graphic cards are using a standard interface AGP or PCI-Express... most of them use nVidia reference design. So unless one OEM adds some weirdness to the graphic card you can assume it will be compatible with other graphic cards using the same GPU. Usually the OEM only changes the RAM, the heatsink + fan and sometimes the frequencies.

In the mobile world... things are much wilder... for one unless the graphic card uses one of the MXM form factor you need to own EACH AND EVERY kind of laptop to test the compatibility.

Hence nVidia not supporting the mobile graphic cards directly. It supports the OEM using the graphic cards. And it seems that Fujisu Siemens badly f|_|cked things up with your laptop. SO START CALLING NOW.

• 1 month later...

I just got RC1 x64 and I have been reading what you guys have been posting. I have a dell E1505 with 7300 TC. All the drivers i have found are for either vista x86 or xp x64. And since the people on here are ther most knowledgeable i have seen. (Searching google for a week) I was hoping you guys could help me. It would be greatly appreciatied. Please anyone who has any info please email i dont wanna reinstall xp i wanna keep vista its so pretty. Please email me at

z28roidrage@aol.com

Thanks guys i appreicate anything you can do for me

Nick

or now that i think of it am i better off with vista 32 bit

Edited by viper77

• 1 month later...

I have a GeForce 4 Go 440 (64M).

Is this what I need to get it recognised in Vista?

Thanks.

Your GPU is likely to be "recognised" by Vista... but you won't be able to do anything 3D with it.

Read this post.

Thanks Fabrice.

Is there any way I can change the display adapter from just saying 'Super VGA Adapter'? I am not bothered about Aero, would just like to be able to play a few games such as Pro Evolution Soccer for example.

If you want to do anything 3D related with your GPU... you must stay away from Vista.

Yesterday Vista recignised the card as correct and installed it with no problem whatsoever (I used the drivers that came with my PC, they are for XP, dated 2004), I take it that this still means I cannot play any (old) games?

• 7 months later...

I have the NVIDA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft Corporation-XDDM) video card with an Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.20GHz 3.19GHz Processor, 958 MB and 32-bit Operating System and I just bought a game called DEER DRIVE and everytime I install it and try to play it I keep getting an ERROR message that reads ( Corrupted installation,Reinstall application from original CD. ERROR was:[ config file has missing uset command [s_device]] Can anyone tell me whats wrong.Could this be my video card?

• 8 months later...
Guest Hank Anderson
Sorry, I don't know if there's a direct link to the v72.30. I usually use the Windows Update from VISTA. Maybe you have to initiate the check manually. But for this driver hold in mind: it is a XP driver. So neighter aero glass and all the fine stuff nor direct x 9 will work.

If you're looking for the Nvidia 72.30 Driver for your card, try going to Compaq's Website and looking up the Presario R3000Z CTO Notebook. (Same model as mine). This has the latest 72.30 drivers for the Nvidia Geforce 4 Go 420, and 440. These should work with your card. They worked with mine for the final install of Vista Ultimate. The only downside that I miss is the Aero Glass features, which I'm sure that my GPU can do. Heck, if it can play Counterstrike Source in XP without a hitch, why not show something as simple as transparent graphics in Vista as it does so well in XP Pro...

Yet another MS gimmick to make you buy new hardware for their already outragously priced OS. (Can anyone say Ubuntu Linux...it's Free and does all this, with less HDD space).

Best of luck to you.

Hank Anderson