LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 7400 Go - Component output, HDTV

justin

I have an HP Pavilion dv5163cl. It has the GeForce 7400 Go. I want to use this laptop on my older HDTV, which only accepts component input.

I just ordered this "7-pin S-Video to Component" cable, with hopes that it will work with my laptop. I ordered it after I found this support forum. Even so, I'm cautiously optimistic about it working, but I wanted to know if anyone knew for sure about my laptop/video card and whether or not the video card detects the presence of a component HDTV and adjust the signal accordingly. I know several ATI cards and some NVidia cards do it. I have been told that all the Geforce 7xxx for desktops support this ability. Although I do not know what kind of dongle is used...Any help on this issue would be much appreciated! I don't want to shell out money for a transcoder!!!!! Thanks everyone!!!

I hope that you counted the pins of your HP laptop TV-out connector. I don't want to break your dreams but the only standard SVideo connector uses 4 pins (2 for luminance and 2 for chrominance) The rest of pins are open to the OEM... in the case of laptops you might find analog audio or digital audio...

The cable you ordered is made for desktop ATI Radeon. Don't have too high expectations... and remember it's only 5$.

I hope that you counted the pins of your HP laptop TV-out connector. I don't want to break your dreams but the only standard SVideo connector uses 4 pins (2 for luminance and 2 for chrominance) The rest of pins are open to the OEM... in the case of laptops you might find analog audio or digital audio...

The cable you ordered is made for desktop ATI Radeon. Don't have too high expectations... and remember it's only 5$.

Well, I've been told that every 7xxx chip is capable of component signal output...so its worth a shot. Does anyone have a desktop 7xxx that knows if the dongle connects to the VGA slot or the S-Video slot? Thanks!

Well, I've been told that every 7xxx chip is capable of component signal output...so its worth a shot. Does anyone have a desktop 7xxx that knows if the dongle connects to the VGA slot or the S-Video slot? Thanks!

Being capable and actually wired by the OEM are 2 different things.

While there is a standard for 4 pins mini-DIN connector when used as SVideo. The high pin count are really up to the OEM. Usually that kind of hyped feature is advertised properly in the manual. I checked the HP user guide page 72 only refers to the SVideo out.

But keep you fingers crossed until the connector arrives... it might work. :)